General Position Summary:
Perform hull structural, pipe, electrical & equipment system design and drafting services to support development of Marine Production information used in the construction of steel barges.
- Perform vessel basic design including specifications, general arrangement, & hull structure.
- Perform piping, machinery, and electrical systems design.
- Perform detail design for outfitting items.
- Perform engineering analysis including shipyard equipment/tools design and module-lifting schemes to assist Production, Material Handling, and internal fabrication departments.
- Perform 3D modeling for hull structure, piping, machinery, and outfitting items.
- Produce 2D and 3D production drawing packages.
- Check for completeness, clarity, and accuracy for 3D models and assembly drawings created by others.
- Perform material take-off for hull structure, piping, electrical systems and outfitting.Specific Job Skills:
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required; experience in using ShipConstructor software is a plus.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both written and oral.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of software.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical and judgment capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to follow direction and work in a team environment.Required Education and/or Experience:
- Four-year college graduate with a bachelor degree in engineering or an engineering related field.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a high paced production environment is required.
- Marine Shipyard Production engineering work experience is desirable, but not required.
For more information and to apply, visit our website at : https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1093841&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000516268606#/
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 to $85,000.00 /year
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift