The Dealership Advantage Story
Dealership Advantage is a cloud-based, integrated dealership and OEM management platform currently serving the marine market. We have a mature platform developed by disrupters in the marine industry. Throughout our history, we have kept the startup vibe while staying nimble and hungry.
Our purpose is to lift an industry that has been underserved by technology for too many years. We provide dealers with a modern and easy to use UI that drives their underlying business operations helping them sell faster and service customers more profitably; ultimately, our goal is to help our customers transform their businesses while improving their customers’ experiences.
We’re providing a solution the market hasn’t seen for a decade, if ever, and are striving to create seamless experiences through OEM & Dealer collaboration that result in a world class customer experience.
The marine industry is ripe for disruption and our mission is to create a fully integrated solution for dealers and OEMs while advancing the overall state of technology for an industry in need of change.
Summary of Position*
As the Director of Product Development, you will own the technology platform and core features of the DA product offering working with our product management and customer success teams to ensure customers are able to improve their business operations through the use of our platform offering.
You will grow and develop our team of software developers to expand, operate, and evolve our SaaS offering. In addition, you will work closely with leaders, product managers, UX/UI designers, and engineering resources to define work streams and solve for technological and operational challenges to ensure the success of the company’s roadmap and current customer base.
This role is accountable for the product release process and performance of the platform as committed to customers and stakeholders. We view this role as an important part of the DA leadership team and see it evolving into a key leadership role.
- Develop and manage the overall technology strategy to achieve Dealership Advantage’s overall business goals and long-term vision
- Leverage the appropriate agile methodologies to enable predictable, quality delivery while maintaining a focus on continuous improvement.
- Ownership and accountability of our product platform quality, performance and committed SLAs
- Responsible for technology strategy, development backlog, & tooling/technologies
- Experience developing and evolving DevOps practices
- Manage and motivate a growing agile development team through hiring, mentoring and managing capabilities & capacity
- Collaborate with the product team to ensure development priorities and timelines are aligned to business, customer and market needs
- Ensure adherence to existing software development methodologies, technology, operations, documentation, and quality control standards, policies, procedures, etc. and coordinates and controls implementation
- Manage some aspects of the annual budget, including software development, staffing, (permanent and contract) and consulting, and operating expenses for assigned projects, and ensure forecasted/re-forecasted and actual expenditures are properly tracked and reconciled
- Support and influence the innovation required to keep Dealership Advantage ahead of competition and technology curves
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- This role requires a deep software development background, and detail-oriented management as well as a mix of agile delivery expertise, risk management knowledge, and a proven, scalable approach.
- Deep experience in application and API development, application ownership, strategy and ability to define and execute on cross functional Roadmaps
- Ability to coach team members on best design patterns, principles and techniques, and conduct code reviews to ensure adherence to agreed patterns/anti-patterns
- Strong business acumen – ability to understand the needs and concerns of business stakeholders and colleagues, and respond promptly and effectively to stakeholder requests
- Demonstrated relationship management and leadership skills with a superior ability to make things happen using influence and negotiation with all levels of management
- Effective communicator – ability to communicate clearly and effectively with business, tech, and design colleagues as well as other stakeholder groups. Communicates recommendations with diplomacy and tact.
- Highly flexible and able to quickly adapt to changing priorities
- Knowledge of external competition, industry and/or market trends in relation to own business
- Ability to carry out job responsibilities while fully embracing the Simplified Investments Core Values
- Culture is everything. We are authentic and intentional in the way we work and play. Being stodgy has no place here.
- Stab from the front. We are respectful in the way that we hold one another accountable. No games, no hidden agendas.
- Problem solvers. We value smart people who attack problems head-on and with confidence.
- We thrive on change and growth. We pivot when we need to and re-group quickly.
- Humility reigns. Whether engaging with our teams, customers or partners we approach it with the heart of a servant. We are go-givers that believe in creating space for people to grow.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- At least five (5) years in a product development environment.
- At least four (4) years managing software development teams
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science engineering or an equivalent discipline. Master's Degree in computer science engineering or an equivalent discipline or equivalent work experience, an added bonus
- At least 10 years of experience in full stack software development preferred
- At least 5 years of Agile experience utilizing Scrum, Kanban or SAFe methodologies
- At least 5 years of program, project, or portfolio management experience
W*ORK ENVIRONMENT and PHYSICAL DEMANDS: *
The work environment and physical demands listed below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
- Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Normal office conditions are expected.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, regularly required to stand and walk. Employee regularly uses hands and fingers to touch, feel, handle. Employee regularly stoops, kneels, bend at the waist, and reaches. Employee is frequently required to speak and hear. Must be able to lift up to 20 pounds on occasion.
Job Type: Full-time