VERBIO North America is seeking a highly-motivated, self-driven Mechanical Engineer for its biomethane and ethanol production facility located at 59219 Lincoln Highway, Nevada, IA 50201. This is a full-time hourly position including health, dental, vision, 401(k), vacation and other employee benefits.
This location is the site of the former DuPont cellulosic ethanol facility. At this site, VERBIO plans to produce biomethane (renewable natural gas) from baled crop residues and ethanol from starch. The plant is currently under construction and the plan is to begin biomethane production in third quarter 2020. Future growth will include an expansion of the biomethane process and retrofitting of the ethanol facilities.
The Mechanical Engineer will report to plant leadership and will specifically focus on improving and developing equipment reliability and mechanical integrity across a diverse equipment base.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, graduate education a plus
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in industrial/manufacturing environment
- Experience using preventive and predictive maintenance programs
- Experience with CMMS (computerized maintenance management systems)
- Willing and able to work off hours, overtime, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Experience at the plant level in one of the following industries is a plus – Agricultural Processing, Ethanol, Chemical, Refining Industry (involving distillation)
- Able to perform a defect elimination of fixed and rotating equipment and implement design changes to prevent defects.
- Owns the mechanical integrity program for the site
- Coordinate and execute inspection, quality assurance, and mechanical/structural integrity activities.
- Accountable for defining and implements strategies to improve equipment reliability and bringing innovative solutions to equipment problems.
- Work with contractors on repairs to pressure vessels and piping systems
- Provide engineering input to capital projects by specifying equipment and developing alteration or fabrication scopes for equipment.
- Developing and implementing a predictive and preventive maintenance strategy to include operator basic care
- Work with projects group to establish predictive and preventive maintenance strategies for newly added equipment
- Providing reliability training for operations to improve skills and knowledge
- Root cause analysis of downtime for each asset
- Working with operations leaders to ensure that the equipment meets required specifications
- Developing cohesive teams between the operations and maintenance groups to improve reliability
- Additional duties, as assigned.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Factors:
- Must be able to work in environmental factors that include noise, dust, hot weather, and cold weather.
- Must be able to lift 55 pounds.
- Must be able to ascend and descend stairs, ladders, and gangways on a frequent basis and be able to work while standing on a continuous basis.
- Ability to safely work aloft (heights over 20’) including ladders, man lifts, harnesses, equipment tops and scaffolding.
- Ability to enter confined spaces, following all safety procedures, while in performance of job duties.
- Must be able to communicate by using and hearing 2-way radio.
- Have dexterity and ability to maneuver equipment in tight working spaces.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Flexible schedule