Job Description Summary
Role can be remote CON US only.
Responsible for designing, building, delivering and maintaining software applications & services. Working in the areas of platform and/or application. Responsible for software lifecycle including activities such as requirement analysis, documentation/procedures and implementation.
Roles and Responsibilities
In this role, you will:
- Have awareness of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/SAFe/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
- Ability to write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Understand performance parameters and can assess application performance.
- Understand core data structures and algorithms and has the ability to implement them using language of choice.
- Write code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology/Information Science or “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with minimum years of experience 2 years
Minimum 1 year working experience in micro services and Domain-driven design
Minimum 1 year working experience in Java/JEE or C++, Springboot/Spring or cpprestsdk
Minimum 1 year working experience in Unix/Linux or Windows environment
Minimum 1 year working experience with Perforce/GIT, BDD/Cucumber, Artifactory, Docker
Comfortable in building features such as web services and Queries on existing tables.
Aware of methods and practices such as Lean/SAFe/Agile/XP, etc.
Prior work experience in an agile environment, or introductory training on Lean/Agile. Aware of and able to apply continuous integration (CI).
General understanding of the impacts of technology choice to the software development life cycle.
- Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks.
- Understands the technology landscape, up to date on current technology trends and new technology, brings new ideas to the team.
- Displays understanding of the project's value proposition for the customer. Shows commitment to deliver the best value proposition for the targeted customer.
- Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE requires U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you receive an approved medical or religious accommodation. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Relocation Assistance Provided: