Position Title: PLC Programmer / Maintenance Technician
Summary: Jackson's Honest, a manufacturer of delicious, sweet potato kettle chips, is looking for a PLC Programmer / Electro-Maintenance Technician to join their team. If you are a self-starter who is looking for a small but growing company in an environment where you can prove yourself and advance, look no further!
This is a 1st shift position based at the manufacturing facility at S64W15569 Commerce Center Parkway, Muskego, WI 53150.
What You'll Do as a PLC Programmer / Electro-Mechanical Maintenance Technician:
- Program, Set-Up, and Troubleshoot PLCs and other electrical items as needed.
- Troubleshoot and repair production lines and equipment using mechanical and electrical knowledge.
- Complete product setups and changeovers; support general operations as needed.
- Execute a preventative maintenance schedule for the upkeep of machines and facilities equipment.
- Conduct repairs and preventive maintenance to minimize interference with production operations and maximize uptime.
- Monitor equipment for unusual sounds or movements to detect malfunctions and to diagnose issues.
- Dismantle defective machines and install new or repaired parts according to specifications and blueprints.
- Maintain records of issues and maintenance completed on machines.
- Respond quickly to production line calls and resolve issues promptly; communicating progress to managers as appropriate.
- Adjust functional parts of machinery and control equipment to make them work more efficiently.
- Follow standards for food safety and food quality production according to GMP, CFR, as well as the regulations of major customers and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA, and EPA.
- Comply with all safety and quality regulations, reporting issues to the Director of Operations.
What We're Looking for in a Maintenance Technician:
- Valid certification to operate forklifts.
- 5+ years of maintenance experience in electrical, mechanical, and high-speed packaging within a food manufacturing environment is required.
- Strong PLC background in both Siemens and Allen Bradly. The ability to troubleshoot is required, programming is desired.
- Familiar with quality/food safety programs desired such as GMP and CFR.
- Ability to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; converse and listen.
- Capable of lifting 50 pounds.
- Desire to stay with a company long-term and advance as the business grows.
- Comfortable working in a startup environment where standards and processes are being established.
About Us: Jackson's Honest is a manufacturer of sweet potato chips opening a new plant in Muskego, Wisconsin. The founders created the product after their son, Jackson, was diagnosed with a rare autoimmune disease. They experimented with different diets and foods, searching for ways to ease his debilitating symptoms. Nothing worked. Finally, his health improved when they tried replacing carbohydrates with coconut oil and other ancestral fats. Jackson's Honest chips are a delicious, healthy snack and a great addition to any anti-inflammatory, low carb/high-fat diet.
You can find more information on the company at https://jacksonshonest.com/.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
Keywords: maintenance technician, maintenance tech, mechanic technician, mechanic tech, general maintenance worker, machine technician, machine tech, machine specialist, maintenance specialist
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $34.00 - $40.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Work Location: One location