R.B. Baker Construction, a company of Reeves Construction Company, has been a key partner in the infrastructure growth of the Southeast since the company’s founding in Americus, Georgia, in 1955. For more than a half-century, Reeves Construction has expanded to meet the needs of the region as the demands for improved infrastructure increase. As we’ve grown, Reeves has formed new partnerships and branched out to new subsidiaries from Sloan Construction in South Carolina and North Carolina, R.B. Baker Construction in Georgia and Florida, to Southeast Emulsion in South Carolina and Georgia to meet transportation construction needs from heavy construction services, excavation and site work, to underground utilities, bridge construction, and asphalt paving and materials supply. Reeves Construction Company is a complete maintenance and rehabilitation company dedicated to meet the specific needs of the roadway, airport, bridge, and military maintenance market. Reeves prides itself as a leader in the transportation construction industry, not only for its quality products, but also for its high company standards of safety and performance. Our company’s success is based on a foundation of exceptional accomplishments, with an eye on innovation for the future.
R.B. Baker Construction, a Division of Reeves Construction Company, is looking for a Project Engineer to be based in its Garden City, GA location. Qualified candidates must be self-motivated Construction Professionals with at least 5 years of experience in the industry, be familiar with site development and highway construction, understand job cost management, have a strong work ethic and work well with other members of the team.
Responsible for all aspects of the construction of the various projects at all stages. Must possess strong analytical, organizational, planning and communication skills with a commitment to high standards, safety, integrity and ethics. The Project Engineer will support the Project Manager with technical detail and interpretations of project requirements.
This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Read and understand plans and specifications.
- Perform quantity takeoffs.
- Perform solicitations to Vendors and Subcontractors.
- Work on project site to observe progression.
- Able to generate change orders for the project using estimating software.
- Transfer of information from estimating software to job cost software.
- Communicate roll out of projects with Project Manager, Superintendent and field personnel.
- Perform safety requirements and ensure that risks are mitigated.
- Perform submittals to agencies as required for construction of project.
- Review and analyze job cost information – verify accurate and complete, address and or correct as necessary.
- Communicate with Project Manager and Superintendent on a regular basis to ensure project issues and concerns are addressed.
- Generate billing quantities from information provided by field personnel and contractual requirements.
- Provide clear step-by-step directions and answer questions while organizing the project.
- Able to work and assist others to work in a safe manner within the guidelines of the company’s policies.
- Willingness to work nights and weekends if required.
- Other duties as required.
- 0-3 years’ experience in phases of heavy civil construction
- Good Communication skills and work well with others, Team environment
- Current, valid Driver’s license
- B.S. Civil Engineering degree
- Hard hat
- Safety harness
- Safety vest
- Safety glasses
- Steel-toed safety shoes
- Ability to lift and manipulate objects up to 80 pounds of weight.
Competitive pay and comprehensive benefits included.
- Drug-Free Work Place / E-Verify Participating Company *
**Minorities, Females, and Veterans are Strongly Encouraged to Apply**
R. B. Baker Construction is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer dedicated to promoting diversity and maintaining a drug-free workplace. It is our policy to ensure that applicants are considered for employment based on their qualifications without regard to their race, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expressions, sexual orientation, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mentaldisability, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), immigration status, citizenship, genetic information, medical conditions, protected veteran status, uniform service member status, familial status, marital status, registered domestic partner status or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Applicants are treated on the basis of their job-related qualifications, ability and performance. We are committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants and provide a workplace free of harassment and discrimination. This Policy applies to aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, and all other terms and conditions of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here and here. For notification on E-Verify click here and for information on Right to Work, click here.
If you need accommodation to access the information provided on this website, please contact R.B. Baker Construction at 864-416-0200 or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
R. B. Baker Construction will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.