Navatek LLC, a privately-owned defense contractor is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to work on a range of exciting Department of Defense research and design challenges. The candidate will have the opportunity to help lead ground-breaking research across a diverse range of applications in combat power and energy for ships, cyberphysical security for grid resiliency, and hybrid electric propulsion for marine vehicles. The candidate will also have the opportunity to help steer the engineering and testing for a range of vehicles and autonomous systems for the Navy, Marine Corps, and Army. This position is an opportunity to join a group of talented engineers growing to fill the needs of the Department of Defense. This opportunity is located at the Bangor, Maine office.
Job Summary/General Description::
The ideal candidate will have a B.S. or M.S. in electrical engineering, or related discipline, with significant work experience. Must be willing to work on a range of basic and applied research projects including: hybrid propulsion for marine vehicles, analysis and design of power and energy systems, digital-twin solutions for electrical networks, and control and autonomy for power and energy systems. Candidate should be able to thrive in a research environment – identify technical gaps in the state-of-the-art and translate client needs into system or research requirements, manage a project from conceptualization through proof-of-concept, and clearly communicate results to stake holders. Periodic travel between Honolulu, HI and Providence, RI and Columbia, SC necessary for project management.
Education and Experience::
- Research and development: problem identification, requirements definition, new theory development, analysis, experimentation.
- Engineering of perception and control systems and systems of systems for new vehicles, modeling & simulation, and digital-twin applications.
- Provide technical supervision to engineering teams, as needed.
- Communicate results to stakeholders in the Department of Defense.
- Support development of new business opportunities: gap analysis, client relations, proposal writing.
- B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, or related field, from an accredited college or university.
- 5-15+ years of experience in electrical or systems engineering position.
- Experience with US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, and/or Air Force a plus.
- Highly motivated, self-starter who can take new ideas and execute solutions in an independent environment.
- Must show proof of work eligibility in the United States.
- US Citizenship required.
This position will be located at Bangor, ME office. Employment is contingent upon successfully passing an employee background check and post-offer drug screen.