The Superintendent serves as a professional onsite representative of Charter Construction and plays a critical role in delivering projects on time and within budget that exceed our client expectations.
Major areas of responsibility:
- Manage, schedule, supervise field operations to deliver quality building projects exceeding client expectations.
- Maximize resources to ensure effectiveness and efficiency while maintaining productivity and safety standards.
- Manage 1-5 million-dollar projects
- Develop and manage schedule
- Responsible for forecast and managing all personnel
- Management of material consistent with scope of work and budget allocation
- Responsible for quality control/quality assurance.
- Work together with the project manager, foreman, and other key personnel.
- Providing effective resolutions of problems
- Maintain proper documentation and communication regarding submittals, RFIs, change orders, punch list items.
- Mentor/train personnel; promote a team environment with common goals
- Enforce/maintain safe environment and personnel; coordinate safety and quality inspections.
- 5-10 years construction experience (combined field, foreman and superintendent, preferably multi-family buildings, senior living and renovation experience on occupied spaces
- Knowledge of waterproofing and other building envelope details
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Highly detailed and organized
- Ability to manage, supervise, mentor personnel
- Strong communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of various construction disciplines, safety regulations, scheduling, budget/cost control, quality control
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Maintain, First Aid,CPR certifications and OSHA 30
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Bi-lingual a plus
About Charter Construction
Founded in 1983, Charter Construction Inc. has established itself as a company that sets the standard for performance, integrity, and quality. In January 2015, we became an employee owned company (ESOP). Our long-standing, loyal relationships with repeat clients are a testament to that commitment. Equally important is the way we build relationships with owners, developers and design professionals. We know that extraordinary results are only possible when everyone communicates clearly and collaborates creatively. We foster this open, forward-thinking approach in every phase of every project.
Our success also lies in our unwavering commitment to customer service. Anticipating problems before they occur, paying close attention to project details, and efficiently managing costs are all components of our philosophy. Our team of dedicated, experienced professionals continually seeks improvement and challenge. We employ and retain the most skilled and the most committed. Our staff combines the best real-world construction know-how with leading edge practices and technologies.
Whether a high-end custom home, a complex remediation or commercial project or someone’s residence or business that flooded or burned down, Charter Construction delivers value, predictability, aesthetic sensitivity, and a commitment to exceed client expectations.
Commitment to Safety
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment, more specifically, our goal is to minimize the exposure of employees, clients, and the public to health and safety risks. Accordingly, we make every effort to comply with relevant federal and state occupational health and safety laws and to develop operations, procedures, practices and programs that further this goal. All our employees are expected to work diligently to maintain safe and healthful work conditions and to adhere to all operating practices and procedures designed to prevent injuries and illnesses.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We are an equal opportunity employer. This means we do not discriminate in employment decisions or policies in violation of law on the basis of any legally protected status. What is a legally protected status varies depending on applicable local, state and federal laws, but may include race, color, national origin, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, genetic information, families with children, political ideology and veteran status. Our policy of nondiscrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, compensation, benefits, placement, promotion, termination, reduction in force, and transfer. Our employment decisions, including factors such as merit, performance, qualifications, skills, dependability, and reliability are made based on ability to perform the job. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- budget: 3 years (Preferred)
- Construction: 5 years (Preferred)
- Onsite supervision: 5 years (Preferred)
- problem solving: 5 years (Preferred)
- leadearship: 4 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Bi-Lingual a plus (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts