The Product Design Engineer is responsible for the designing new products in cooperation with Sales/Marketing requirements and also to assist with changes and redesigns of current products as required. This person will assist in Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering in bringing new products through the prototype and production process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- 1. Design, develop, and test products following the NPD processes. Manage product engineering projects within cost and time requirements.
- 2. Provides prototype and finished product designs as required. Responsible for making sketches and rough layouts, record and analyze data, make calculations and estimates, and report on the findings.
- 3. Provides product design changes as required. Uses computers extensively to produce and analyze designs, to simulate and test how an attachment operates and to generate specifications for the attachment. Work within MRP and Solidworks software to accomplish tasks.
- 4. Verifies specifications on bids and special orders and other projects within designated product line and as requested.
- 5. Responsible for Parts Item Master, Bill of Materials and Routing Information to satisfy manufacturing requirements for Assigned Projects.
- 6. Evaluate new manufacturing technologies and recommend changes for cost effective designs and manufacturability.
- 7. Assist the Sales department in the solicitation of new orders from existing and potential customers.
- 8. Ensure that all products conform to the most recent and applicable standards and recommends manufacturing processes capable of producing products that will consistently conform to those standards.
- 9. Implement and supervise product-testing programs for new or revised products.
- 10. Work closely with the Sales, Marketing and Customer Service departments to actively seek out ideas for new products and redesigns of existing products.
- 11. Researches, specifies and approves all non-standard purchased components and assists
Purchasing with procurement of said components Project scope and as requested.
- 12. Responsible for all drawing information and accuracy within designated product line and as requested. Assist Technical Publications in creation and maintenance of product manuals.
- 13. Responsible for all product safety related issues within designated product line and as requested.
- 14. Follow company safety practices and procedures to contribute to a safe environment.
- 15. Perform additional tasks as assigned by the Engineering Manager, as required.
- =Denotes essential functions
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Educational and/or Experience Requirements
1. Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, preferably in Industrial, Agricultural or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited four year college, or five or more years of direct experience with Paladin Construction Group as a Sr. Drafter/Designer.
2. A minimum of four years' prior work experience in a manufacturing or field service environment. Hydraulic and electrical design and analysis in a construction or agricultural environment preferred.
3. Any equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered.
Physical Job Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling can be expected. Long periods of sitting and walking are also to be expected in this position.
General office and plant; requires mobility to move around plant and office as assigned.
Other Special Requirements
this is not intended to be all inclusive. Additional duties and responsibilities may be
requested or required.
Overtime and weekend hours may be required on occasion.
Generally less than 10%.