Headquartered in Houston, Quanex Building Products Corporation is an industry-leading manufacturer of components sold to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) in the building products industry. Quanex manufactures quality screen, roll formed metal components, metal embedded co-extrusions, vinyl extrusions, and fabricated assemblies servicing a variety of industries is seeking a Senior Controls Engineer.
What’s expected in this role?
You’ll be responsible for leading multiple project activities in the areas of controls/electrical design and equipment integration. We’re looking for a leader who will lead change within the organization by developing concepts through the capital plan advancing to justification and implementation. These changes mold the business and provide large gains in profitability.
This position sets the tone and pace as you partner with your team in executing strategy. You will be responsible for developing, designing, manufacturing, integrating, and supporting industrial electrical power and control, mechanical, and pneumatic systems and processes to meet or exceed NEC, NFP 79, UL508, OSHA, and local codes and standards for the division to increase reliability and profitability, and to provide new technology to meet customer needs.
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline, manufacturing management or a business related field. Experience in lieu of education.
- Five to ten years of experience as an electrical or manufacturing engineer or related engineering field. Knowledge of metal and plastic design and fabrication with extrusions, roll forming process, molded parts and light assembly.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Proven track record of successful project management.
- Ability to operate CAD system efficiently.
- Experience in working within fast paced, complex, dynamic business environment.
- Strong skills in using MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- May require travel up to 50% travel.
***Apply Online online at https://jobs.jobvite.com/quanex/job/oEru7fwq
Job Type: Full-time
- electrical engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction