- Ability to work 16 hours per week
- Participant in the CareerWise New York Program
Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. This is what unites Amazonians across teams and geographies as we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective. Come build the future with us.
Come join us to work hard, have fun, and make history!
Key job responsibilities
Sales Coordinators support sales representatives and coordinate sales-related activities. Although they are typically not responsible for selling products directly, sales coordinators play an important role in achieving sales targets by acting as an extension of the field sales force. This may include managing schedules, processing orders, filing documents, conducting research, making follow up calls, ensuring the adequacy of sales-related materials, and giving support when requested by clients. They may also act as first point of contact for urgent client needs when sales representatives are not available. This position provides a strong foundation for a lucrative career in sales.
- Support clients/customers by addressing any needs or questions during the sales cycle
- Attend meetings and assist with determination of projects goals and requirements
- Maintain records, inputting and analyzing data for trends
- Coordinate between departments
- Generate quotes
About the team
Amazon Jump Start employs emerging talent from high schools in historically excluded communities. Apprentices learn on-the-job and make valued contributions on behalf of customers. The program is a complement to in-classroom school learning, designed to accelerate a student’s future career prospects. Apprentices report directly to full-time Amazonians for a maximum 3-year period, increasing their standard work hours as competency level increases. Upon completion of the 3 years, apprentices can take the skills they have acquired into the broader marketplace, leverage their experience to pursue higher education, or apply for a suitable role within Amazon should an opportunity become available.
- Organized: You are responsible and possess discipline and determination. You are focused; a planner who likes to achieve and improve.
- Team Player: You like accomplishing things as part of a team.
- Good Communicator: You are comfortable talking with all different kinds of people, interests, and walks of life.
- Great Time Manager: You usually thrive during semester-long projects by managing your time well.
- Cooperative: You are genuinely interested in others’ needs and thrive in a team environment.
- Dependable: You are reliable, responsible, and understand how important it is to be where you need to be, when you need to be there, and prepared for what you need to do.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.