Planate Management Group is a Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia, USA with a technical support center in the Philippines that provides program management and facilities engineering services worldwide. Planate is a small business provider of planning, design, infrastructure management, technical consulting, engineering, and construction management services in support of the US Department of Defense (DOD) and its Service (Army, Air Force, Navy, Marine Corps) missions, along with other US federal agencies.
The Design Manager will handle and manage assigned design projects consistent with the planning and design goals and standards as established in the project management plan (PMP) of the Veterans Affairs Hospital. You will also be responsible for ensuring the completion of the design work and participating in planning the phases to prevent disruption and help minimize overall costs.
The work assignment will be in White City, OR.
- Manage assigned design projects consistent with the planning and design goals and standards of VA, as established in the project management plan (PMP); ensure that capital project management processes enable the completion of projects on time and within budget
- Coordinate with and assist the Project Development Team (PDT) to establish a well-defined project scope that reflects the input of appropriate departments to optimize program and space efficiency, flexibility, and life cycle cost
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience in the use of Project Management standards, and systems to ensure completion of design projects on time and within budget, and the ability to modify or alter standard procedures to meet crucial deadlines.
- Work with the Project Manager (PM) and the Contracting Officer (CO) in procuring the best-qualified Engineer/Architect to be the designer of record (DOR), within project cost and time parameters; and establish the need for additional consultant studies and services required during the planning and design phase to ensure quality design deliverables.
- Oversee the day-to-day performance of the DOR and related consultants to ensure quality design within the contract cost and schedule; manage the conduct of design reviews; participate in cross-functional and departmental meetings to ensure business and functional needs are achieved with the design
- Provide input for the development and implementation of design and construction standards to ensure projects are executed at appropriate levels of quality, are compatible with BA sustainability plans, and are effectively commissioned prior to occupancy.
- Develop and implement systems to monitor project design against budget authorization and project schedules
- Lead a timely decision-making process to ensure all outstanding design issues are resolved; act as a solution consultant to engineers, architects, and other outside consultants; and seek to improve cost-effectiveness related to the facility design process.
- Review contracts, scopes of work, specifications, plans, and pertinent jurisdictional codes to ensure that project design milestones and deliverable dates are being met while providing contract compliant, cost-effective facilities
- Other tasks required by PDT to deliver a project design and PMP.
Qualifications to be successful in the role:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, Economics, Business, Law, Finance, Accounting, Project Management, Construction Management, or equivalent
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience managing assigned design projects consistent with the planning and design goals and standards
- Able to conduct comprehensive research and analysis of technical and cost data
- Can read and interpret acquisition policy, regulations, and directives
- Ability to provide clear guidance to all lower-level acquisition personnel
- Proficient in English both oral and written
Planate Management Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Joining the Planate team opens you to an experience working for a Global company where you are among a team that is considered a premier trusted partner for planning, design, engineering, asset management, and professional service solutions anytime, anywhere. We Take Care of Our Own; Personally, and Professionally, Up and Down The Line.
We’d love for you to be a part of our Global workforce, helping us serve as an effective and integrated partner to advance every client's mission!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Due to the nature of work, the successful candidate will be required to comply with all Federal guidelines regarding vaccination for all employees and contractors. Please refer to Executive Order 14042 to ensure adequate COVID Safety Protocols.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- White City, OR 97503: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Planning & Design: 4 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location