MGA Research Corporation is a world leader in providing engineering services including physical testing and testing equipment/facilities. Our main concentration of business is in the Automotive and Aerospace industries with some additional business in the Mobility, Child Seat, and Energy Management sectors. Our customer base includes major vehicle OEMs, Tier 1 suppliers, NHTSA, and aircraft manufacturers.
We are an independent, confidential, 3rd party organization with multiple operations in North America with an international customer base. We currently operate nine (9) locations worldwide with multiple expansions planned in the next several years.
We are currently looking for engineers and technical backgrounds to fill project engineer positions. Successful applicants must be comfortable in both independent and team oriented roles. There is a large amount of leadership opportunity, which yields a high potential for career advancement. Daily roles include customer interaction, high-level problem solving, and data analysis.
The expectations of this role include:
- Manage numerous continuous improvement initiatives without disruption of day to day testing activities.
- Provide "hands-on" test engineering including project setup, specifications, and performance
- Ensure lab equipment maintenance is performed as needed and equipment calibration schedules are adhered to.
- Collaborate with related MGA facilities to maintain consistent operating practices and introduce improvements throughout.
- Ensure that new testing equipment is performance validated, operating procedures are in place, and training is conducted.
- Forecast facility and equipment needs to support business growth.
- Provide technical support of day to day testing activities.
There are also available opportunities in which you would be able to work directly with the sophisticated human surrogates, known as Crash Test Dummies. These engineering tools are filled with high precision instruments that are linked to injury reference assessment values in order to understand occupant protection in accident situations. The specific duties of this position include:
- Validation of crash test dummy components to federal requirements (49 CFR Part 572)
- Maintenance, assembly, and disassembly of crash test dummies
- Preparation of dummies according NHTSA, NCAP, IIHS requirements
- Maintain relationships with existing vendors and establish new vendors as needed
- Calibration of instrumentation (accelerometers, load cells, strain, displacement) to internal requirements and procedures
- Quality related activities such as preparation, checking, and filing of calibration reports and maintaining our instrument database
- Daily communication with project engineers to forecast resource needs and help set priority of workload with our instrumentation teams
This team member will work directly with business, quality, and safety leaders. This is an entry-level position.: MGA is looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to be part of a team. Applicants must have a willingness to learn and be comfortable in a hands-on environment.
We are currently accepting applications for the following locations:
- Burlington, WI
- Troy, MI
- Greer, SC
- Lincoln, AL
Applicants must have a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
MGA Research is an equal opportunity employer.