Digital Shovel is a 3-year-old tech start-up, focused on manufacturing large-scale infrastructure components to support Blockchain centric datacenters. Since our inception, we have strived to create innovative modular data centers, focusing on new designs and complete vertical integration to drive performance and value for our customers.
For a quick overview of our primary product line, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWoPjRiHPz8
This position within our company is a unique opportunity in terms of job role, task execution, and management responsibilities. Being in a start-up with a small, energetic and exciting team, affords you’re the ability to wear many hats and be involved in wide variety of projects and tasks.
You will be working directly with senior management, design engineers and shop leads to develop, document and help evolve our exciting product line!
Projects, priorities, and timelines may change on a frequent basis, and you will be working on multiple items simultaneously on a regular basis as per the company’s needs. Our environment is quite agile, fast-paced and exciting. An individual with a creative drive that enjoys rapid professional progress will excel well.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Creating detailed BOMs & SOPs for various existing and new products
- Creating, implementing, and monitoring KPI tracking systems
- Assisting in procurement, vendor research, and redundant part options for components and manufacturing equipment
- Creating and maintaining documentation and manuals for internal operators and end-user/customer.
- Performing root cause analysis for various defects and performance issues using Lean fundamentals.
- Create and Support calculations for ROI to expand production capabilities.
- Eliminate Waste across the plant through Product and Process optimization using the Lean fundamentals.
- Optimize the manufacturing layout and product flow for the current lines and new product launches.
- Create and issue RFQs, analyze vendor quotations, clarify technical specification requirements, and conduct analysis across the potential vendor list for the best price, quality, and lead-time delivery factors.
- Lead line-balancing activity to improve OEE and throughput on the existing product line.
- Research for new technology in terms of the machines, materials, and processes to improve the current cost per unit and improving the cycle time.
- Develop processing guidelines for new and/or existing systems.
- Conduct cycle time analysis for the throughput improvement and perform the calculation for the manufacturing labor cost considering efficiency.
- Liaison with suppliers and securing demand-based supply of raw materials
- Contribute towards future R&D for the new product development and prototype testing.
- Programming 6-axis robots and HMIs for the automatic welding operation, troubleshooting the robot to streamline the operation.
- Create inventory management and part tracking system from the raw material tracing to the end product delivery.
- Create optimized shipping methods to improve product delivery and shipping cost.
Qualification and skills:
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in engineering (Process, Industrial or Mechanical)
- Previous experience and familiarity with the following manufacturing processes:
- Welding (Both robotized and conventional)
- Mechanical assembly work
- Wiring, soldering, and other electrical control component installation
- Coatings (Powder and liquid)
- Very strong Excel/Google Sheets skills
- Strong leadership qualities to lead the team on the floor.
- Exceptional communication skills
- A self-starter and adaptive learner
- Strong ability to pivot from macro to micro-level detail as required or requested
- Good understanding of the drafting software e.g. AutoCAD, SolidWorks.
- Familiarity with fasteners (units of measure, strength, and environment ratings)
Please note, there are two Indeed “Skill Tests” attached to this posting. Ensure to complete these tests as part of your application.
Only individuals who have completed the tests, and produce a satisfactory score, will qualify for further review.
We are looking to hire individuals who can start without being required to relocate their residence at this time.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- What excites you about this position?
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- BOM & SOP development: 2 years (required)
- metal fabrication plant: 2 years (required)
- KPI development and tracking: 2 years (required)
- Start-up: 1 year (preferred)
- working on a small team or solo: 2 years (required)
- extremely fast paced and agile environment: 2 years (required)
- electrical equipment manufacturing: 1 year (preferred)
- working with UL or equivalent standards: 1 year (preferred)