We are pioneers. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market. Today, we are defining the future of on-demand mobility. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences.
The Reliability & Maintainability Engineer is responsible for developing, managing and communicating the reliability & maintainability methodology and status to internal and external customers. This position is in support of the Bell 360 Invictus and is based at Bell’s Ft. Worth, TX headquarters facility.
- Perform Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA).
- Assess manufacturing parametrics and maintenance removal times.
- Formulate reliability analyses and predictions (including development of failure rate estimates based on handbook techniques and historical data) using Windchill Quality Solutions software.
- Collect, analyze and score Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) data. Perform Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Engineering Investigations (EI) and Corrective Action Plans (CAP) for failed aircraft components including participation in Reliability Review scoring boards.
- Perform budget estimating and management tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace, Systems Engineering or Mathematics is desired.
- At least 2 years of R&M experience in a defense related industry is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Effective written and verbal communication skills needed to brief top-level management, customers and/or large groups on an occasional-to-frequent basis
- Candidates must be eligible to obtain Secret Security Clearance
- Prior military experience maintaining aircraft.
- Applicable experience formulating reliability analyses and predictions (including development of failure rate estimates based on handbook techniques and historical data) preferably using PTC Windchill Quality Solutions software
- Knowledge of procedures involved with collecting, analyzing, and scoring of Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) data.
- Knowledge of Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Engineering Investigations (EI) and Corrective Action Plans (CAP) for failed aircraft components.
- Knowledge of aircraft systems/sub-systems to include troubleshooting techniques, reliability/maintainability issues and assessment of maintenance removal times.
- Proficient in the review of flight logs, quality records, manufacturing records and engineering drawings including use of CAD software, preferably CATIA.
- Applicable experience performing Failure Modes, Effects and Criticality Analyses (FMECA).
- Experience in conducting engineering investigations with suppliers and customers and participation in Reliability Review scoring boards
- Applicable experience or knowledge in performing Highly Accelerated Life Testing (HALT), Highly Accelerated Stress Screening (HASS), Environmental Stress Screening (ESS), fault detection and fault isolation.
- Familiarity and/or experience with writing and reviewing reliability test plans, R&M program plans, Statements of Work (SOW) and specification preparation.
Don’t miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and/or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)., Non-U.S. persons selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to export-restricted information. , The ITAR/EAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Job Field Engineering
Primary Location US-Texas-Fort Worth
Recruiting Company Bell Textron Inc.
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Travel Yes, 5 % of the Time
Job Posting 06/15/2020, 8:43:55 AM
Textron (and its subsidiaries) participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.