Power Electronics is a Spanish multinational manufacturer of solar inverters (500KW to 3 MW) and heavy industrial equipment for Water, Gas and Mining industries. Founded in 1987, the company is a major force in the global market place with subsidiaries in over 30 countries and over 1,100 employees worldwide. At Power Electronics, we believe in a customer-oriented focus and understand a strong service organization is critical to retain customers. Power Electronics service philosophy is a key element to our continued success.
Power Electronics is currently seeking for a Sales Engineer to join our team at the company’s US Headquarters in Gilbert, AZ.
The Proposal Technician supports the Director of Operations and Engineering and others to develop quotations (proposals) based on customer requirements. Additionally, this position will assist management with administrative tasks. This is a great entry level opportunity in the growing Solar Industry.
We are seeking hard working, motivated, and well-organized individuals with a focus on continuous improvement to exceed expectations.
Primary functions and responsibilities
Essential Job Functions
· Review and evaluate Solar project needs from various sources including RFP documents, emails, or single line drawings, as provided by customers.
· Determine inverter requirements based on project specifications or instructions from management and engineering.
· Develop and send request for quotation (RFQ) forms to sub suppliers, including skid integrators, medium voltage transformer manufacturers, and/or flexible braided busbar manufacturers.
· Liaison between company headquarters in Gilbert, AZ and the factory in Spain and US suppliers.
· Build proposals based on information received and /or request additional information as needed.
· Work closely with the Sales and Projects teams to compile and organize product documentation.
· Manage purchase orders including coordination with multiple department and customers to meet contract expectations.
· Create spare part orders in SAP based upon information from customers and service department.
· Assist management with administrative duties, such as data entry and reimbursement reconciliation.
· Some travel may be required.
· Other duties may be required or assigned.
· Proficient, with Microsoft Excel and Word.
· Customer Service experience.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Ability to analyze and solve problems
· Basic math
· SAP experience
· Engineering experience
· The physical demands of this position are limited to those found in a normal office / field service environment.
· While performing the duties of this job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear.
· Activities can include extended periods of standing, bending or kneeling.
· Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment is usually in a corporate office.
· Competitive Base Salary.
· Full Range of 100% Company Paid Premiums of Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance. Company Paid Premiums of Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision for your dependents.
· 14 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) per year. 8 paid holidays per year.
· Paid Training.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Driver's License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off