Localion: Salem, OR
Estimated Duration: Long term
Analyzes, designs, develops and tests various programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. Relies on established guidelines and instructions to perform daily job functions. Works under immediate supervision. Advanced levels: Analyzes, designs, develops and tests various programming systems, including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting programs. Relies on knowledge and professional discretion to achieve goals. Usually reports to a project leader or manager. Significant ingenuity and flexibility is expected. May require a bachelor’s degree. May require a bachelor's degree and 9 years or more of experience in the field or in a related area.
The purpose of this contract is to acquire an C# Programmer to:
- Provide enhancement and upgrade programming support for existing Motor Carrier Transportation (MCTD) applications to update current functionality while maintaining ODOT Security concerns.
- Provide analysis and expertise to plan, develop, test and document MCTD computer program changes.
- Contractor shall develop and revise application, program, and end-user documentation as may be necessary.
- Agency’s Project Manager shall communicate tasks and due dates to Contractor’s technical service representative as the tasks are established, documented and scheduled by Agency.
- Contractor shall submit a written status report each month to the Project Manager on activities, hours worked and accomplishments.
- Contractor shall report on status of work assignments as requested.
- While performing the tasks, the Contractor shall work with all involved parties to insure the objectives and system requirements are met. This may include meetings with project team members, technical experts and business representatives to develop and review requirements, complete and carry out test plans and develop and coordinate application and system implementation plans.
- Contractor shall complete unit testing and participate in Peer Reviews of Contractor developed code. Contractor shall support business acceptance testing by providing necessary data and environment information as well as correcting any code issues discovered during testing and peer reviews.
- Contractor shall provide expert computer programming analysis and development expertise to design, develop, test and implement enhancements and upgrades to MCTD desktop-installed applications. Contractor shall incorporate emerging development and security standards as identified by Agency into code development.
Qualifications: Contractor must have at least five (5) years of professional consultative, technical, or administrative experience which includes designing, constructing, or analyzing information systems. Contractor must have at least two (2) years professional experience using C#. Contractor must have at least one year of experience with Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) for Microsoft Office 2003 or higher. Preference will be given to a candidate with experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Job Type: Contract