Oaklawn Hospital is currently seeking a Manager, Data Analytics- Quality Improvement to join our team!
The Manager, Data Analytics, will lead and develop quality analysts to implement tools and strategies for effective data reporting and analysis to transform raw data into timely, meaningful, and actionable information to drive organizational improvement. Will collaborate with leaders and others across the organization to support and implement high quality, data-driven decisions by ensuring data accuracy and consistent reporting through the design and creation of optimal processes and procedures. Responsible for the development and optimization of data governance and reporting architectures to contribute to strategic objectives and maximize ROI.
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Consistently uses an outward mindset and puts forth exemplary effort in accomplishing his/her goals and objectives in a manner that helps others to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Defines and aligns data governance and reporting strategies within the Oaklawn Quality Management System.
- Builds, maintains and optimizes data models, reporting systems, data automation systems, dashboards and performance metric profiles that support key operational and strategic decisions.
- Oversees the design and delivery of key internal/external reports and appropriate analysis to support strategic department and organizational initiatives including, but not limited to, CPC+, MIPs, CMS STARS, and other P4P platforms as well as Press Ganey and required pubic reporting structures.
- Leads cross-functional projects to guide optimization opportunities including oversight and support of Athena and Cerner quality and HealtheIntent EDW projects
- Identifies, develops and implements controls and standards to ensure compliance with organizational expectations and regulatory requirements.
- Oversees daily operations to ensure quality, accuracy and timeliness of data and deliverables through the development and application of policies and procedures.
- Manages and optimizes processes for data intake, validation and mining and reporting, including modeling, visualization and communication among key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Oversees data/report requests process including tracking, prioritization and approval.
- Recruits, trains, develops and supervises quality department analysts.
- Constantly evaluates skillsets of team members and ensures ongoing education and certifications are met to fulfill the needs of the department
- Ensures there is cross-training among team members to mitigate the risk of single points of failure
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare science, computer science, information technology, or related field required. Master’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field preferred.
- Certification, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MSCE), SAS, or equivalent perferred.
- 5+ years of analytics experience in data analysis, reporting, and problem-solving
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite products, Tableau, and another testing, analytics, and visualization tools
- Working knowledge of data mining principles and understanding of utilizing analytical concepts and statistical techniques
- Strong programming skills with querying languages, SQL/SAS.
- Previous leadership experience overseeing and developing analytic teams preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Must possess strong interpersonal and written communication and business writing skills to interact effectively and courteously with a diverse group of providers, leaders, and healthcare professionals.
- Must have strong coaching, mentoring, staff development, and project management skills to manage multiple competing priorities and strong attention to detail. Ability to keep abreast of industry news and trends.
- Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
- Constantly see/visual acuity, talk/hear. Frequently sit, handle/grasp/feel. Occasionally lift/carry 1 to 50+ lbs.
Indeed Hire and Oaklawn Hospital are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- analytics experience in data analysis, reporting and problem-solving: 5 years (Required)
- Tableau: 3 years (Required)
- Health Industry: 1 year (Required)
- Strong programming skills with querying languages, SQL/SAS.: 3 years (Required)
- Working knowledge of data mining principles and understanding of utilization analytical concepts and statistical techniques.: 3 years (Required)