X by 2 specializes in business and technology transformation for insurance and healthcare clients and we’ve been doing it for over 20 years. In this time, we’ve crafted consulting into our kind of different. Our method is nimble, responsive, and above all, focused on making an impact.
We're looking for Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineers to work along-side our talented Customer Experience / User Experience Designers, Software Engineers and Architects on collaborative and agile teams with our clients to deliver beautiful, well-architected, robust software solutions. The right candidate is a Quality Assurance Engineer that takes pride in well-built and well-tested software solutions. Someone who understands that catching things early and proactively during the development cycle is more cost effective and better for business, than fighting fires in production.
- Actively participate in requirements and design sessions to understand the software and solutions that need testing
- Independently create test requirements and test scenarios/cases for various types of system testing: functional testing, system integration testing, data quality testing, and performance / load testing.
- Review and provide input/feedback on test requirements and test scenarios/cases created by other team members
- Design, develop and execute manual tests and automated tests using relevant QA tools, technologies, programming languages and frameworks.
- Track and communicate test case execution and test coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or equivalent experience is preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on QA experience required
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with technical teams and business subject matter experts to document business scenarios, workflows, rules and processes
- Experience within the healthcare or insurance industry preferred.
- Fluent understanding of web, software and application development process and methodologies.
- Agile approach – emphasis on good people, continuous delivery of value, close collaboration with clients
- Learning and reuse by leveraging patterns and frameworks
- Deliver results by playing key leadership roles on capable teams focused on full life-cycle from discovery and planning through implementation and launch
- No technology bias and no affiliations with vendors – we use the technologies and approaches that make sense for our clients
- Constant learning – adding modern technologies, frameworks, tools and products to our tool belt
Work Environment and Culture
- Be surrounded by smart, talented people focused on continually challenging, investing in, and stretching themselves to new levels
- Collaborate with seasoned designers, architects and top-notch software engineers to solve problems and challenge assumptions
- Work in small teams with opportunities for rapid growth and accelerated responsibilities
- Everyone has a voice and is always encouraged to engage in shaping the company by sharing their interests, ideas, and feedback
- Flexible/Hybrid work setting (remote work + in-person collaboration at client site and/or X by 2 office)
Benefits and Perks
- Health, Vision, Dental, Life, Disability Insurance Coverage
- Voluntary benefit package with Telemedicine, PetCare, Chiropractic, Lab Testing and Alternative Medicine
- Annual performance reviews for raises and promotions
- Perk Programs: Home Office reimbursement, Professional Self-Development program, Health and Wellness reimbursement, Professional Dress Allowance
- Earn points through recognitions, travel and much more, and redeem them for unique experiences
- Company sponsored social events for employees and families
- Work-Life Balance: PTO based on experience, unlimited sick days, paid holidays
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
Work Location: One location