Toledo Tool & Die Company
Directly supervises and coordinates the safe and efficient operations of the quality department(s) quality technicians.
Summary of essential job functions
· Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve safety, production methods, equipment performance, product quality, or efficiency.
· Enforce safety regulations.
· Direct and coordinate the activities of employees engaged in the inspection of automotive stamped / welded assemblies.
· Confer with production supervisors, tooling personnel, and quality engineers to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
· Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to support production goals.
· Inspect materials, products, or equipment to detect defects or malfunctions.
· Observe work and calibrate gauges, dials, and other indicators to ensure that parts conform to production or processing standards.
· Conduct employee training in equipment operations or work and safety procedures, or assign employee training to experienced workers.
· Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
· Analyze charts, customer concerns, production schedules, and other records and reports to determine production support requirements.
· Other tasks as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or other TTD Leadership.
· Stop production if unsafe parts, actions or poor quality conditions exist.
· Conduct gage r&rs.
· Measure parts utilizing cmm / portable scanner.
· Make daily decisions regarding product conformance to internal and customer standards.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· 1-5 years previous experience in a supervisory role in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. Previous work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is usually is preferred.
· 1-5 years of progressive quality experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment, experience in automotive stampings is preferred.
· Willingness to work overtime as business condition dictate.
· CMM / Scanning experience is a plus
· Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch or climb for extended periods of time.
· Must be able to lift/push/pull objects that are up to 50 pounds.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All Toledo Tool & Die employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as business needs dictate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Quality Assurance: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Professional development assistance