The candidate will be the work group lead for the Lockheed Martin (LM) LCS/MMSC Cable Team working in the Marinette Marine (MMC) Shipyard in Marinette, Wisconsin. This individual will be responsible for planning, overseeing, tracking and hands-on execution of copper, coaxial and fiber cable installation and testing on multiple LCS/MMSC ships undergoing construction concurrently. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Schedule and oversee cable/connector installation and termination. This includes multi-strand/multi-conductor copper, coaxial and fiber optic cable with a wide range of connector types including but not limited to: RJ-45; DB-9; and MIL-STD connectors.
- Oversee and perform cable testing, repair and status tracking. to included cable test procedure development using engineering artifacts.
- Perform daily coordination efforts for the workgroup and communicate with other LM team members and leadership. Will also provide weekly status of progress of each LCS/MMSC in production.
- In addition to overseeing the LM personnel, the candidate must be able to work with various other non-LM entities including MMC personnel, subcontract personnel and US government representatives as required.
- The candidate may also be called upon to provide supplemental support for the installation, test and repair of various equipment/systems onboard the ship as well (i.e. USN Mission Systems equipment such as the Navigation System (NAV), Integrated Bridge System (IBS)/Ship’s Control Console (SCC), Navigation Data Distribution System (NAVDDS), TRS-4D Radar (ASR), MK 31 (SeaRAM) Guided Missile Weapon System (MLS), AN/UPX-29(V) Interrogator System (IFF), 57mm MK 110 Gun (GS), MK 110 FCS-57 Fire Control System (GFCS), ALEX MK 137 Mod 1, 130mm Launcher (DLS), WBR-2000 (ESM), Total Ship’s Computing Environment (TSCE) and Exterior Communications System (EXCOMMs).
The candidate will also be expected to work additional hours that may be required to meet schedule commitments and support emergent program requirements. This would include evenings, off-shifts and/or weekends on an as-required basis.
Demonstrated experience with various types of cable/connector installation, termination, test and repair.
Demonstrated experience with using various pieces of test equipment such as: Spectrum Analyzers; Oscilloscopes; Volt/Ohm Meters; Power Meters; Anritsu Line Sweepers; RF Generator; etc.
The ability to perform equipment change installations and experience with shipboard installation techniques and processes.
Ability to read and assist with shipboard installation drawing creation, correction and maintenance.
Effective communication and interpersonal skills and be able to interface with various levels of personnel from senior leadership to “deck plate” workers.
Ability to work with minimal direction while exercising latitude in judgement to determine work activities to accomplish both near term and long term requirements.
The candidate must be able to develop, maintain and monitor production process documents.
Candidate must be able to obtain & maintain a secret security clearance. This requires US citizenship.
- Experience with 2M repairs.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of USN combat system equipment.
- Experience working in a shipyard environment.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.