FAIRFAX KITCHEN & BATH:
PROJECT MANAGER FOR RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION:
We have been a trusted source for quality workmanship and customer satisfaction in Northern Virginia for over 6 years now. FKB is a small family business focused on interior renovations that’s continually growing we are in search of a dedicated projected manager to help expand our business.
Leadership, creativity, relationship management skills, attention to detail, and the ability to wear multiple hats will be critical for this position. You will be working with several different contractors and designers focused on creating an exceptional quality product with a profound attention to detail, while ensuring that budgets and timelines are met.
This position splits time between active construction job-sites and the office. Some duties will be performed in an outdoor environment with exposure to varying weather conditions. The ideal candidate will have construction experience or construction degree. The candidate must have an excellent work ethic, be extremely organized, proficient with Microsoft Office, be exceedingly dependable and punctual, possess the ability to multi-task, and complete daily assignments in a fast-paced environment.
Ideal candidate has residential construction experience, preferably in home remodeling, and at least 7 years of project management experience. Responsibilities include:
- Perform project planning, create timelines, and manage budget
- Track costs, including invoices, change orders, and budget variances
- Manage clients, engineers, inspectors, and other vendors
- Monitor and update construction schedules to ensure contractors and vendors perform on schedule and within budget
- Conduct and document quality inspections throughout construction process
- Consult with inspectors to ensure that the project complies with applicable regulations and meets project delivery dates
- Proactively identify and mitigate reoccurring construction issues
- Monitor the execution and implementation of the project schedule and provide detail to management and clients on daily progress of projects
- Direct and continuously evaluate daily operations and safety of the jobsite and maintain a visibly organized and a clean jobsite
- Interact with clients, as needed, including project updates and problem solving
- Perform basic job preparation, such as thoroughly reviewing Production Packets for each assigned project prior to project start
Candidate must be computer-literate with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook. Experience with MS-Project is a plus but not required. Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle is required. Send resume and salary requirements for immediate consideration.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company Car
- Company Cell Phone
- Off on Saturday/Sunday
We have strict COVID precautions in place on all jobsites and offices.
- Construction Experience: 7 year (Preferred)
- Project Management: 1 year (Preferred)
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- · Manage, supervise, and quality check the activities of subcontractors
- · Review and approve subcontractor invoicing, workers compensation policies, and legal documentation
- · Manage purchase of building materials and supplies in accordance with the approved budget for project
- · Monitor the execution and implementation of the project schedule and provide detail to management and clients on daily progress of projects
- · Direct and continuously evaluate daily operations and safety of the jobsite and maintain a visibly organized and a clean jobsite
- · Interact with clients, as needed, including project updates and problem solving
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
All customers and employees are required to wear masks and follow CDC guidelines
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Construction Experience: 3 years (Required)
- Project Management: 1 year (Required)