As a Senior Software Engineer at Sightline Innovation, you will be part of the Framework Team. The Framework Team is responsible for development of a machine learning framework, including a data storage backend, dataset ETL pipelines, Tensorflow integration for training and prediction of ML models, web interface, and APIs to enable secure, trusted sharing of ML assets. This role includes: supervisory and mentoring roles in the software team, systems design and development, planning systems integration with sales engineering team, interaction with the deployment and support team to identify and resolve site issues.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or graduate degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years work experience designing and developing software for one or more of:
- web frameworks
- cloud services
- high performance computing. * Extensive experience with Python 3, including coroutines and metaprogramming.
- Deep understanding of concurrency and distributed systems.
- Experience designing large software systems.
- Experience with docker and kubernetes.
- Ability to identify and address performance bottlenecks.
- Comfortable in a Linux environment.
- Excellent technical communication skills.
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
- Motivated and driven to continuously learn and improve.
- Experience working with Redis, PostgreSQL, and Tensorflow
- Understanding of security (in software design and OS/hardware features).
- Good understanding of C or C++
Candidate must be able and eligible to relocate to Winnipeg, MB
Job Type: Contract