Engineer - (All Levels) - (19000040)
Supports business objectives by identifying system performance concerns and planning capital projects to mitigate those concerns.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Utilizes various power system analysis tools to study expected transmission system performance including voltage, thermal loading, transfer capability, short circuit and dynamic stability
- Develops, tests and proposes new system capital expansion projects
- Supports development of models to facilitate system studies
- Attends meetings and training sessions to increase professional knowledge and skills
- Generates written reports on various facets of transmission system
- Develops presentations and presents study results to both internal and external audiences
- Performs customer interconnection studies including new load and generation interconnection requests
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering. Power system coursework preferred.
- Minimum Experience:
o No work experience required for an Associate Engineer level.
o Minimum of two (2) years of work experience in related area for an Intermediate Engineer level.
o Minimum of five (5) years of work experience in related area for Senior Engineer level
- Transmission Planning experience preferred.
- Engineer candidates must be able to quickly learn job specific skills and be able to work independently given regular work direction.
- Senior Engineer candidates must have advanced engineering skills and be able to work under minimal supervision given high level work direction.
- Possess sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with superiors and individuals inside and outside the company.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task. Ability to manage time effectively.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Access).
- Ability to learn and utilize job specific software.
- Some travel required.
Dec 16, 2019, 1:15:35 PM