- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Solid proficiency in object-oriented software design patterns and concepts;
- Basic knowledge of 2D and 3D math and programming;
- Experience building tools/plugins for 3D modeling software, e.g, 3DS Max, Maya, Houdini, or Blender;
- Experience developing for game engines or other simulation environments, e.g, Unreal, Unity3d, or Gazebo.
Do you want to advance the state-of-the-art for robot simulations and virtual worlds? AWS RoboMaker is a new platform for running robotics simulations at scale in the cloud, and we’re looking for talented engineers to help us build innovative and powerful new features for simulating robots in dynamic 3D worlds. If you're passionate about building software that powers content generation, large-scale machine learning, and scenario testing for exciting new robot applications, let's talk!
In this role, you'll be designing, building, and supporting new features for robot simulation. You'll own the entire simulation pipeline, build procedural content generators, create a new high-level scenario-based testing system, and more. You will design and build new features, identify and investigate new technologies, and prototype solutions, to deliver an exceptional customer experience.
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We’re looking for a teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, and will contribute positively to our inclusive team culture. We're committed to your growth and development. Our team has all experience levels and Amazon tenures, and your growth is supported by our senior engineers who truly enjoy mentoring. You will be working on complex projects that will challenge you and further develop you a well-rounded engineer.
Maintaining a work-life balance is important to us. Although we keep core work hours between 10 am and 4 pm, we are flexible when people occasionally need to work from home. In AWS, we operate what we build, and we have a modest on-call rotation where you’ll participate about once every two months.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation