GVI, Inc., a subsidiary of Three Saints Bay, LLC, is a DoD contractor industry leader, is seeking an Systems Engineer in supporting the design of the new COLUMBIA Towed Array Handling System, Land Based Test Facility (LBTF).
The tasking supports the COLUMBIA LBTF Lead Engineer, and works with a team to design, procure and install the new facility at Newport, RI.
Qualified candidates will be expected to:
- Support the lead COLUMBIA LBTF engineer in leading all electrical engineering aspects of the new facility.
- Oversee development efforts for the electrical systems being developed for the LBTF.
- Lead acquisition of electrical system components.
- Lead integration of electrical system components with Test Control Computer (TCC) software.
- Lead integration of electrical system components with system and facility hardware.
- Lead design, fabrication, installation of cabling among electrical components.
- Validate subsystems to meet required test facility functionality requirements.
- Generate an Interface Design Document Description to detail the data flow from sensor to TCC or intermediate controller (Pump Controller, Motor Controller) in feedback control loops.
- Determine means of meeting calibration requirements of components.
- Determine sparing model such that the probability of a long duration interruption of operation is minimized.
- Monitor team efforts to ensure timeline for production and installation will be met.
- Interface with facilities team to ensure construction of the additions and associated electrical infrastructure is planned, installed and tested to meet LBTF requirements.
- Maintain configuration management of electrical drawings and documents such that the team has access to the latest documentation.
- US Citizen.
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Active Secret Clearance; candidates currently possessing an Active Secret Clearance are preferred.
- BS in Electrical Engineering.
- Masters in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in supporting systems development including design, procurement and installation management.
Position is located Newport, RI.
Applicants can apply online at: https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=GATEWAYVENT&cws=42&rid=1517
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Three Saints Bay, LLC and its subsidiaries offer a diverse, team-oriented working environment and the opportunity to work with exceptional dedicated industry professionals. We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to take part in exciting projects with government and commercial clients, both domestic and international.
We are an EEO/AA employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.01 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Security Clearance Required: