Description & Responsibilities
Controls Engineer (Electrical or Mechanical) with skills and experience capable of executing in the following areas:
· FPGA Programming in VHDL and C
· Electronic Circuit Design and Test
· PCB Layout
· Control System Analysis and Design including Laplace and Z-Domain Analysis and Controller Execution
Must be interested in learning new things and adapting to address new challenges in a fast-paced work environment. Must be able to solve problems independently and work in a team environment with other engineers and technicians.
· Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
· Desire to learn in an exciting fast-paced work environment
· Desire to be part of an team
· Experience with programming Xilinx FPGAs in Vivado, EAGLE PCB design software, LTSPICE or equivalent, Matlab, Simulink, and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
· Experience in a team engineering environment and as an individual contributor
Compensation will be commensurate with education and experience. MZA offers a full complement of fringe benefits including health, life, and disability insurance, an excellent retirement plan, educational subsidies, and paid vacation and holidays.
MZA is an equal opportunity employer. Because we work on national security projects, candidates will need to be able to obtain government security clearances and therefore must be US Citizens.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $100,000.00 per year
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
All visitors to the facility are required to wear a mask and have their temperature taken.
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place