Stealth Mode Startup – Newark, CA
Join a small but rapidly growing startup developing exciting new technology in genomics. Play an important role in the development and commercialization of technology and products that will transform the future of medical and life sciences!
We are seeking a Linux Engineer with experience with server hardware, Linux and networking to join our Computing Team. You will be working with high performance computing hardware that is crucial to our product. As an integral member of a small team, you will play a key role in building and maintaining a stable and scalable computing environment. This position is full-time based in Newark, California.
- Design, build, and maintain high performance Linux systems and hardware.
- Automate deployment and configuration changes for scalability and reproducibility.
- Monitor and troubleshoot hardware, kernel, and user-space issues. Perform root cause analysis of system crashes and hardware failures in partnership with data and engineering teams.
- Identify network and IO bottlenecks and optimize performance.
- Document system build and operational procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience in managing Linux systems and server hardware in a data intensive environment.
- Hands-on experience assembling complex systems from parts and debugging hardware issues.
- Experience with NFS.
- Experience with configuration management tools e.g. Ansible.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking.
- Proficiency in shell scripting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiar with Linux kernel tuning and optimization for 10/40/100GbE network.
- Experience with high performance petabyte-scale storage systems.
- Experience with AWS and GCP services.
- Experience coding in Python or another high-level language.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule