AFIMAC Canada is seeking a 1st Class Chief Engineer for a permanent position in Southwestern Ontario.
*Please read the full job posting and apply on Indeed. Calls to our AFIMAC Head Office will result in your application being denied. After reviewing your resume, we will reach out to qualified individuals VIA email to schedule an interview. *
You will earn:
- $130,000 - $150,000 annually
- Possibility of occasional weekend work/overtime
- Ensure the safe and continuous operation of a process steam plant
- Responsible for the management and training of engineering staff
- Ensure the continuous operation of HVAC equipment, boilers, chillers and steam systems in compliance with internal procedures and the Operating Engineers Act
- Collaborate with other departments as required to ensure safe and efficient operations
- Responsible for the routine maintenance and inspections of plant operating equipment
- Ensure the continuous operation of potable water system, cooling and compressed air production systems
- Develop, review and maintain all engineering standards relating to plant chillers, boilers and pressure vessels
- Responsible for the development and review of the safe plant operating procedure manual
- Provide technical support in selecting materials and prescribing specifications for the repair, design and alteration of pressure equipment as required by codes or regulatory bodies
- Ensure the observance of water levels, pressures, and temperatures and the adjustment of equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Abide by and enforce TSSA procedures and safety operating guidelines
- Responsible for appropriate archiving, record keeping/log entry related to both internal and external entities.
- Provide professional technical direction for the design and consulting process
- Respond to emergency situations, providing timely and appropriate resolution
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- A valid 1st Class Stationary Engineer ticket.
- Valid TSSA Certification to work in Ontario
- Minimum 5 years leadership experience as a Chief Engineer
- Power plant system and technology knowledge
- Technical experience in Power Generation/Transmission/Distribution and/or Secondary Plant systems.
- Strong SAP knowledge.
- Excellent cost analysis and economical evaluation skills
- Strong leadership abilities
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Up to date on relevant processes, guidelines and legislation.
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and technical problem-solving skills
- Strong sense of urgency, work ethic and attendance record
- Able to sit, walk, stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Able to read, write and speak English effectively
- A Canadian resident and/or legally allowed to work within Canada
AFIMAC is a global risk management and elite security company. For more than 30 years, AFIMAC has helped image-conscious companies and organizations across the globe to plan and execute services that mitigate and eliminate risk. AFIMAC prides itself in the long-term partnerships it establishes with clients to protect people and property in times of crisis and in regular business operations.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $130,000.00-$150,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Nova Scotia: reliably commute or be willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (required)
- Secondary School (required)
- Chief Engineering: 5 years (preferred)
- 1st Class Power Engineer Ticket (required)
- TSSA Certificate (required)
- Drivers License (preferred)