Responsible for providing detailed drawings for components, assemblies, structures or specifications for mechanical equipment using computer-assisted drafting programs; like, Auto CAD and Auto Inventor that is to be fabricated, constructed and/or assembled.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must interact with other drafts-persons/engineers to design, lay out or detail components and/or systems as well as to resolve design or other issues.
- Modify and revise designs to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production issues through feedback from production or other qualified personnel.
- Check dimensions of materials to be used and assign part numbers to the components and/or assemblies.
- Lay out and draw two/three dimensional, or angle views to depict functional relationships of components or assemblies.
- Interact with Sales Representatives to review drawings and answer questions pertaining to product specifications and/or installation.
- Research and development of new product lines that supports the Engineer Leads and their projects.
- Responsible for basic reactions, both static and dynamic, beam and structure analysis, and component sizing per FEA analysis.
- Required to work in a team atmosphere.
- Evening and weekend hours may be required.
- Regular attendance is required.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION (OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE):
- Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering field is required.
- Minimum 2 years drafting experience in a sheet metal/structural steel fabrication environment.
- Ability to use Inventor as well as AutoCAD.
- Proficient level with two dimensional drawings
- Expert with three dimensional drawings
- Experience creating bills of material, component and/or assembly drawings.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
- Attention to detail, highly organized and (MS Office) computer literate.
- Willingness and ability to train others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 1 year (Preferred)