Giant Cement Holding, Inc. is a proud producer of top-quality Portland and masonry cements. With plants in ME, PA, & SC, Giant provides the materials for highways, bridges, & buildings.
Position Title: Reliability Engineer
Reliability Engineer will report directly to the Reliability Manager.
Reliability Engineer position covers everything from equipment and component maintenance strategy selection, equipment maintenance cost modelling, life cycle analysis, operational risk management—right through to re-engineering equipment for reliability improvement. To do the Reliability Engineer function requires sound engineering knowledge in a broad range of disciplines—mechanical, chemical, process, control, metallurgy, including an understanding of electrical engineering as it applies to cement production.
The Reliability Engineer will use their expertise and engineering training to perform all engineering requirements of the plant. They will work and learn the operational and mechanical aspects of the plant and the manufacturing of cement. You will also work on continuous improvement projects to minimize plant upsets and improve quality, safety, environment reliability and economics in both the Maintenance department.
Nature and Scope of Position
1. Assist Reliability Manager as required to improve maintenance methods and procedures. Secure, as requested, literature on particular equipment to minimize required maintenance or improve preventative or predictive maintenance.
2. Lead development and refinement of Equipment Preventive Maintenance Routines, optimization of their schedules, and analysis for new plant equipment.
3. Assist with maintenance planning and supervision during plant outages and dry commissioning phase.
4. Lead the creation of preventative maintenance routines (PMRs) for new plant equipment.
5. Support development and refinement of equipment Bill of Material and spares optimization levels for new plant equipment.
6. Supports review of spare parts and develop a strategy for decommissioning of obsolete parts related to equipment to be replaced.
7. Participates during construction and help supervise new plant equipment installation.
8. Make engineering drawings or sketches required by the Maintenance Department for either system modifications or shop fabrications. (Auto-Cad LT preferred).
9. Conduct inspections throughout the plant.
10. Keep all plant drawings, equipment data books, equipment files. and reference books up-to-date and readily accessible.
11. Provide suggestions and recommendation on improved energy conservation.
12. Accept Maintenance call-out rotation when trained.
13. All Other duties as assigned.
1. Reports to: Reliability Manager
2. Organization of Subordinate Activities
3. Position does not directly supervise any personnel.
4. All supervision and management must be conducted in accordance with local labor agreement.
Frequent contact/coordination will be required with:
+ Maintenance Leads and Supervisors.
+ Production supervision and Operation planning.
+ Stores and purchasing personnel.
+ Assigned outside services supervisors.
+ Interfaces with Safety and Environmental resources for specific concerns
+ Very little travel required with this position.
1. Bachelor's degree desired; mechanical or industrial engineering preferred.
+ Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Project.
+ Strong Organizational skills and attention to detail.
+ AutoCAD experience.
+ Experience developing mechanical and electrical drawings for replacement parts, tooling, plant equipment, and process flow.
+ Ability to read standard blueprints, machine, and process drawings. Have the ability to sketch or redline existing drawings.
+ Ability to work within a team or independently as required.
+ Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
+ Can manage multiple priorities or projects simultaneously and keep them progressing to completion.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
We are following all local, state, & federal guidelines.
- industrial or mechanical: 5 years (Preferred)
- concrete: 5 years (Preferred)
- production supervision: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location