Bristol-Myers Squibb is a global Biopharma company committed to a single mission: to discover, develop, and deliver innovative medicines focused on helping millions of patients around the world in disease areas such as oncology, cardiovascular, immunoscience and fibrosis.
Join us and make a difference. We hire the best people and provide them with a work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees help to drive innovation and transformative business results.
The Scientist/Engineer position in downstream process development will be responsible for conducting research and development that leads to efficient, scalable purification processes for therapeutic molecules. The Scientist/Engineer will be working in a dynamic and collaborative team environment with the opportunities to lead development and matrix teams, while enhancing our ever growing biologics portfolio.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Develop and implement scalable purification processes for large molecule drug substance (e.g. monoclonal antibodies, fusion proteins, etc.) to meet established timelines
- Design and execute downstream process development laboratory studies
- Organize and interpret results, present to matrix team and management
- Transfer developed processes from development to clinical production facilities
- Support clinical manufacturing by reviewing documents and/or using technical expertise to ensure successful manufacturing campaigns
- Author electronic notebook records, process descriptions, process development reports, and other documentation/technical reports for progression of assets and/or support of regulatory filings
- Thorough understanding of/hands-on experience with- purification strategies including: affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction, and mixed mode chromatography; normal and tangential flow filtration, viral and depth filtration
- Ability to optimize processes for product purity, recovery, impurity removal, and cost reduction
- Experience with scale-up/down process models
- Command of DoE/statistical approaches to experimental design and data analysis
- Experience with high throughput experimentation and mechanistic modelling is desirable
- Ability to train others on procedures, operations, new technologies
- Knowledge of upstream process development and analytical sciences
- Experience with authoring technical documents in support of regulatory submissions
- Experience in technology transfer internally and/or external manufacturing facilities
- Sustain high level of innovative and independent research contributing to platform improvement
- Provide effective management for planning, coordinating and executing tasks and projects in a given time frame
- Outstanding communication and people skills
- Ability to foster a collaborative work environment with internal and external partners
- Experience in leading matrix teams and managing projects is desirable
- PhD in Biotechnology, Protein Chemistry, Biochemistry or Chemical/Biochemical Engineering, with minimum 2 years, or MS with minimal 4+ years, or BS with minimal 8+ years of relevant industrial experience.
Bristol-Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.