The Operations PM Shift Supervisor will provide leadership, maintain inventory and supplies by receiving, processing, and shipping customer items, and supervising staff at our high-volume Phoenix, AZ Distribution Center.
The hours for this position will be: Monday - Thursday: 2pm- 10pm, Friday: 2pm - 11:30pm
What will I be doing as an Operations Shift Supervisor?
- Take the lead. You are passionate about mentoring, developing and coaching your team members, and helping them maximize their potential at work. And you know that does not happen by sitting at a desk. You are comfortable working on the floor alongside your direct reports but can also handle disciplinary and employee issues in a professional manner.
- Think smart. Every day will be different, but you will anticipate and adjust personnel and resources to maximize productivity and minimize unplanned overtime.
- Keep the wheels turning. We’re not talking about our conveyor belts. We want you to speak up with ideas (big and small) on how we can improve our operations and keep customers happy.
- Teamwork makes the dream work. Each shift has dedicated trainers, but you will also coach team members on best practices and provide performance feedback. In addition, you will collaborate with management, engineers, suppliers, partners and customer service representative on various tasks.
- Better safe than sorry. Our distribution center may not have forklifts, but accidents can happen anywhere. You will be a safety advocate, ensuring that thredUP has a safe, secure, clean and fair work environment, every day.
What kind of applicants are a great fit for thredUP?
- Give me five. You have 5+ years of experience in retail, warehousing, or other team-oriented production environments. More specifically, you have at least 3-5 years of experience as a Production Lead, Supervisor, or leading/coaching teams of 40+ associates.
- One smart cookie. You have an associates degree or relevant work experience and you have common sense (which is not always common). Familiarity with applying Lean Mfg, Six Sigma or Kaizen principles is a plus.
- Get on your feet. You need to be able to stand or walk for an entire shift (8-10 hours per day) as well as bend down, reach overhead, lift/carry up to 30lbs and push/pull wheeled clothing racks weighing up to 150lbs.
We believe diversity, inclusion and belonging is key for our team.
At thredUP, our mission has been built on extending the lives of millions of unique clothing items. Much like our inventory, we are proud to have fostered a workplace that is one-of-a-kind. As a company focused on diversity, inclusion and belonging, we are committed to ensuring our employees are comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work every day. A unique perspective is critical to solving complex problems and inspiring a new generation to think secondhand first. Be you.
*Our legal team made us spell this out…*
Must be at least 18 years old and have basic English literacy skills. Employment with thredUP is contingent on each candidate passing a 7-year criminal background check.
We are proud to say thredUP is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $65,000.00 per year
- Supervising Experience: 5 years (Preferred)
- Retail: 1 year (Preferred)