XALT Energy is a leading developer and manufacturer of prismatic, large-format lithium ion battery cells and associated modules & packs.
Utilizing its state-of-the-art production operations, proven technology and talented human capital, XALT Energy delivers practical, cost effective and well-engineered energy storage and usage solutions to its global customers in marine, commercial transportation, stationary power storage and defense industries.
Based in Midland, Michigan, XALT Energy continues to expand its knowledge and expertise to explore and evaluate next generation lithium ion battery technology and engineered solutions for current and future applications.
If you value creativity, entrepreneurship and operational excellence, we encourage you to consider XALT Energy as your career path.
Position Title: Software Quality and Process Engineer
Reports To: Engineering Manager – Compliance, Application, and Calibration
Status: Regular Full-Time
Location: Pontiac, MI
The Software Quality Engineer will support the customer’s integration of our Battery Management Systems into their unique applications. The SW Quality Engineer shall support SW development teams to setup processes / method / tools in ASPICE and XALT processes. Track, monitor, and report on the status of quality and process improvement efforts. Gain system knowledge in validation and testing of Battery Management System software for electrified transportation and industrial applications. The Software Quality Engineer shall support the team members with all phases of software development projects and initiatives.
- Monitor the XALT SW development process to ensure design quality by confirming development team’s adherence to ASPICE standards.
- Support all internal and external audits/assessment in the project regarding preparation and follow up on findings related to industry standards for safety and quality (Ex. ISO26262, IEC61508, QS9003, and others).
- Coaching of the project management/team regarding internal processes and Automotive SPICE.
- Learn the XALT SW development process and workflow and strive to maintain those guidelines.
- Continuous review and improvement of XALT processes, procedures, and templates.
- Support the XALT Problem Management Process by participating in investigations, 8Ds work packages, and auditing SW changes required to rectify field issues in a timely manner.
- B.S. or equivalent in one of the following: Electrical, Electronics, Software, Controls Engineering or Computer Science
- 3 years of applied experience in quality assurance methods (TS16949/QS9000 or ISO, ASPICE).
- Experience working in software/system development processes and methodologies in regulated industry areas (E.g. Waterfall, Scrum, Agile, etc.)
- The candidate is preferred to have 4 years of experience working with Software Development, specifically in, “Automotive Quality” embedded systems.
- Competency in reading C Code, Autogenerated C Code, and MATLAB / Simulink Models
- Demonstrate ability to understand complex electronic and mechanical systems
- Experience working with IBM / Rational DOORs Requirement Management Software
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills as well as interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience with statistical analysis of data in order to establish pass/fail criteria
- Understanding of real time processing systems and common issues
- Diligent documentation keeping skills
- Self-driven and adaptive personality, performing as both project leader and individual contributor as the situation dictates
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, especially Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Builds safety, quality and compliance into all actions; committed to continuous learning and self-improvement
- Travel up to 25% of the time. Most travel is within the United States and Canada.
- Employee must have a valid U.S. work authorization and not require future employer sponsorship
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this position. The above statements are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills that may be required. All staff may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities as needed.
XALT Energy offers competitive salary and benefits to include:
- Choice of three health plans, vision, dental and life insurance; ancillary benefits; 401(k); company paid holidays and paid time off.
- The salary range commensurate with education and experience.
Must successfully complete a background check, a drug screen and a physical.
EOE including Disabled and Vets / VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 4 years (Preferred)