Electrical Engineer for production of construction documents and engineering studies for advanced technology and industrial clients, in a fast-paced environment.
- Engineering studies of power and low voltage systems to survey existing conditions, evaluate capacities, and make recommendations for corrections and upgrades.
- Design of electrical systems ranging from simple to complex. Types of design include power, lighting, distribution systems, heat trace, and equipment installation designs.
- Short circuit analysis, arc flash analysis, overcurrent protective device coordination and review of power quality and reliability.
- Low voltage system designs, including instrumentation and controls, telecommunications, life safety and security systems.
- Coordination with engineering team members, both in electrical and other disciplines.
- Direct interface with customers for design review meetings and for engineering consultations.
- Technical writing for specifications, sequence of operations, testing documents and reports.
- 5+ years experience as an independent designer/engineer
- Thorough understanding of basic NEC requirements, including electrical clearances, circuit sizing, de-rating, motor circuit design, transformer feeder design and separation of class 1/2/3 wiring.
- Good communicator and team player.
- Ability to both lead and follow.
- Highly organized.
- A general sense of responsibility and follow through.
- Dedication and commitment; results orientation.
- Interest in professional growth.
- Ability to learn quickly and grasp new concepts, especially as they relate to engineering and construction.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Outlook. EasyPower and SKM experience is a plus.
- BSEE or equivalent degree from an accredited university.
- PE license, or ability to obtain PE registration within six months of starting.
- Competitive compensation based on experience and abilities.
Advantages of Working for Company:
- Positive and team-oriented working atmosphere.
- A wide variety of unique projects and design challenges - each day is a learning experience.
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth in an expanding company.
- Excellent career autonomy, with flexibility to focus on individual strengths and interests.
- Working environment that relies on individual responsibility and is low on red tape.
- Direct access to key project players including design managers, designers and company owners.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Engineering: 5 years (Required)