Fraser Innovation Inc. is a leading FPGA based system design and RF application solution company serving students, college, universities, and OEM’s worldwide with technology-based educational design tools.
Based in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada, Fraser Innovation designs, manufactures, and distributes its products on a worldwide basis. We are top wireless communication educational device provider.
As a multinational company with head office in the Canada, Fraser Innovation is able to provide high-value, expert quality solutions for a variety of customer’s FPGA Developing needs.
In addition to our own products, Fraser Innovation performs OEM design and manufacturing services for leading technology companies including Xilinx, Altera, ARM, Analog Devices, Cypress Semiconductor, and National Instruments.
Our products are categorized as:
Integrated Circuits (ICs)
FPGA Board Based Products
RISC-V Development Board
Our products are embedded Software, Wireless, Industrial Control, Network and Fiber Communication, AI, FPGA Development board, IoT, and RISC-V CPU Related.
Position : Embedded Software Engineer
- Keeping abreast of relevant technology while working in a fast-paced environment and keeping up to date on the changing programming and technology trends.
- Firmware and Software design for embedded systems with emphasis on Firmware.
- Working with code and drivers to enhance and build new systems and products including: digital cameras, embedded video systems, wireless modules such as WiFi or Blue-tooth, FPGA, remote control products, high-speed communication buses, general purpose controllers with graphical LCD, etc.
- Working with in a team environment with other software development engineers on tasks in real-time embedded communication and control environments.
- Applying complex technical and analytical skills to existing software to make enhancements and add new features.
- Participating in the review of documents, designs, code, and test cases of software.
- Working with Instruments such logic analyzer, oscilloscope and multi-meter during PCBA bring up and debugging.
- Collaborating with HW engineers on schematic review of digital related circuits.
- Performing functional testing of developed software to ensure correct operation and compatibility.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in a related field
- 2+ years proven industry experience working with embedded firmware
- Strong skills with low level Linux Kernel, RTOS Driver development
- Strong skills with Boot-loader development, U-Boot
- Strong Embedded Programming Skills with C/C++, Linux Kernel, Android, Python;
- familiarity with object-oriented design and analysis tools is also a plus
- Experience with Git, Bugzilla development
- Experience with video processing methods and with camera ISP coding
- Ability to work with various MCUs and componets such as DDR3/4, eMMC, NAND Flash, I2C, GPIO, PLL, ADC, SPI Bus etc.
- Ability to read electronic schematics will be asset
- Ability to use basic electronic instruments (Oscilloscope, Multi-meter, etc.) for development & debugging
- Excellent problem-solving, design, development, and debugging skills
- Good at both oral and written skills
Salary range 60-90K CAD depend on knowledge,experience and skills
Industry: Computers and Electronics
Application deadline: 2020-06-16
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $60,000.00 - $90,000.00 per year
- Temporarily due to COVID-19