Engineer, System Design Professionals
SolAero Technologies is a leading provider of high efficiency solar cells, solar panels, and composite structural products for satellite and aerospace applications. We are the world’s only vertically integrated, end-to-end supplier of satellite solar arrays. SolAero’s proven flight heritage, high volume production capability and technology position us to service the world’s most demanding satellite applications. Since 2001, SolAero solar cells or panels have supplied primary power to over 480 successful space missions.
The SolAero Technologies Corp. solar panel area has an immediate need for a Panel Program Systems Engineer. This is a full-time position.
- In this position, the candidate will be primarily determining compliance status and generating deliverables which verify through review of customer requirement documentation, NASA and Military standards, internal design documentation and solar panel components. These deliverables include compliance matrices, design matrices, risk matrices and their supporting documents. In addition, the candidate will work closely with SolAero Proposal and Program teams and external customers to ensure the solar panel design meets requirements and to close program milestones through ownership of design matrices and supporting design reviews. This multi-disciplinary job will require flexibility, attention to detail, ability to learn, and ability to ensure the many individual components of several programs are being designed to according to customer requirements and SolAero capabilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviewing and generating compliance and verification documents throughout a program proposal, design and manufacturing cycle while ensuring SolAero and its design are within specification.
- Demonstrate both a breadth and depth of knowledge in the capabilities of SolAero’s many groups or understand which resources to interface with to close with on open design items.
- Compare appropriate NASA, ANSI, Military and any applicable standards against relevant SolAero processes and ensure that over time SolAero is staying compliant to these standards.
- Identify key risks and open design
- Assist with generating and presenting design reviews at several stages in a program lifecycle.
- Generate solutions for long term improvements and integrations for frequently used company tools and processes related to systems level tracking and design.
- Aptitude and interest in environmental testing for spaceflight qualification including thermal vacuum, ambient cycling, random vibration, and thermoelectric Quartz Crystal Microbalances (TQCM)
- Create clear and succinct documentation of analyses and proposals to disseminate assumptions, methodologies, and conclusions.
- Interface with external customers to understand, define and align on specific requirements for their designs and applications. Generate and implement engineering solutions to meet these requirements.
- Interact with a broad cross-functional team of individuals from R&D, operations, program management, design and manufacturing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required for this position.
- Team player with a positive, can-do attitude and interest in solar array design and systems level design
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to create clear and succinct technical documentation using technical writing fundamentals
- Proficient in use of Microsoft windows Office suite including especially Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Aptitude in multi-disciplinary level of systems design including mechanical, electrical, photovoltaics and composites design and manufacturing.
- Demonstrate proficient time management and basic project management skills.
- Literacy in reading and reviewing solid models in SolidWorks or an equivalent three-dimensional CAD software package. Literacy in reading and reviewing AutoCad drafting software for two-dimensional design
- Able to operate in a dynamic environment and meet aggressive deadlines when under pressure
- Able to quickly absorb, process, and apply information outside of one’s core competencies
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Outgoing and willing to be proactive in interfacing with cross-functional teams as well as customers in the aerospace industry.
- Must adhere to and enforce all R&D and EHS safety policies and procedures at all times, keep an efficient and effective work environment.
- BS in Mechanical, Aerospace, Industrial, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Material Science, or Applied Physics
- 1 Year or more in systems engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience coding in VBA and creating macros for Excel functionality or other coding language
- Previous experience working in aerospace, defense, medical, automotive or another industry designing and manufacturing high-reliability products
**MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN OR GREEN CARD HOLDER**
SolAero is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
To be considered for this job opportunity, please visit: www.solaerotech.com , click on “careers”, then click “work with us”, select the job opportunity and apply/complete the on-line questionnaire. Thank you for your interest in SolAero Technologies Corp.
Job Type: Full-time
- Windows: 1 year (Preferred)
- System Design: 1 year (Preferred)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Preferred)
- Communication Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative