Note: Please, only apply to this job if you are available and eligible to work 40 hours/week in the US.
And if you would consider a 3 months Business Travel to India - to undergo a training & development program (Travel, Visa, and Living Arrangements made)
Software Development Engineer
This is a Direct Hire opportunity, and candidates will be given 6 months of on job training.
We would need candidates to do a Business Travel to India to receive first 3 months of their training. Travel & Living arrangements will be made by the company and candidates will be paid their salary in full during the training period as well. Post 3 months, you will be deployed at our office either in Dallas, New Jersey or San Francisco.
About Sigmoid Analytics
Sigmoid is data solutions consulting company focused on building data engineering & data science solutions for large technology, financial services & retail CPG companies.
Having started in 2013 by three IIT Kharagpur Alumni, Rahul, Lokesh & Mayur. we have now grown into a 200+ members strong team with offices in San Francisco, Jersey City, USA and Bangalore, India. Sigmoid is rapidly growing & is backed by Sequoia Capital.
Sigmoid, a leader in real-time interactive solutions & is a proud winner of the #Tie50 Award for 2018. We have been recognized as a winner among 7400+ companies across 28 countries. It's a heartwarming feeling, inspires us further to achieve greater heights in the times to come.
Responsibilities and Duties
What will you be doing:
- You will undergo a training program across globally distributed offices of Sigmoid for technology development, software development process & client communication.
- First half of the training will be spent in hands on training process in Sigmoid Bangalore Office working on real world problems faced by enterprises on a day to day basis.
- Once training is complete, you will be assigned a client team inside Sigmoid to work with on an active engagement. Duties will include, but not restricted to:
- Client engagement - Engage with clients to understand their business challenges
- Data engineering: Develop software along with team for data pipeline development
- Data Analysis: For Development, Test environment Creation & monitoring data pipelines
- Experience working in a global delivery model alongside offshore teams to solve data-intensive problems using Sigmoid’s data engineering frameworks and tools
- Gather client requirements onsite in US & provide context to the offshore teams based out of Bangalore, India
- Present the results of the work to the client’s senior management, offering actionable insights and recommendations that lead to measurable business impact
- Build relationships with clients, helping them improve their consumption of analytics to drive their business operations and decision-making
Required Experience and Qualifications
Currently studying in under-graduate course or with a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics/Engineering/ Computer Science
What you will bring to the table:
- Ability to code and develop scalable software systems
- A problem solving mindset - Ability to find the problem, and identify the root cause of the situation
- Strong hold of Data Structures, Algorithms
in any language - Java, C, Python, etc.
- Good communication skills, so that you are able to connect with your colleagues and client
- Good interpersonal skills - with your colleagues and clients. Both the client and your colleagues should be able to connect with you.
What you will gain from the experience:
- An insight into the big data industry which is the latest trend in the IT industry
- In depth knowledge of how data engineering works in real life scenario
- Opportunity to interact with top level executives in the industry, and get hands on experience in Machine Learning, Data Science, Data Engineering
- Exposure - as to how we at Sigmoid uphold our business values, while interacting and working with clients in multiple countries
At the end of the internship program, you will have learnt a lot, and have an upper hand over your peers with regard to your knowledge of handling data, solving real life data related problems, interacting with clients on a real life basis. And having the opportunity to work with the top brains from premier educational institutions in USA & India.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Monday (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Multiple locations
- One location
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
This Job Is:
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education