- BS or MS in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited school required.
- Louisiana Professional Engineering (PE) registration required.
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant engineering experience in civil/structural engineering projects, preferably projects that include marine structures, hurricane protection and drainage levees, pump stations, water and wastewater design, etc.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs as discipline lead for larger, complex projects or multiple smaller projects
- Manages scope changes and tracks work progress
- Applies advanced engineering techniques and analysis to complex designs
- Supports development of construction estimates and Engineering/Design man-hour estimates (MHE)
- Supervises design personnel
- Assists in development of strategies for pursuing internal and external clients
- Helps prepare information for executive review presentation
- Develops design guides and calculations templates
- Attends project field walks to evaluate project conditions and requirements
- Participates in meetings with clients and other disciplines
- Keeps supervisors informed of project progress
- Provides project updates at client board meetings as needed
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $1.00 per day
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision insurance
- Engineering: 1 year (Preferred)