At our Digital hub in Jersey City, things are buzzing. We’re growing, and here you’ll find cross-functional teams who collaborate to solve problems creatively and in the right way. Our start-up culture is built on trust and encouragement and backed by a sports betting icon who gets things right. We’re looking for curious and talented people, who never settle for second best. If you’re anything like us, you’ll be up for a challenge and love working with other great people.
William Hill is driving the future of sports betting creating an all-new digital betting experience unparalleled in the industry. Sports betting is all about speed and efficiency. We are looking for software engineers who can tackle the challenge of building the world’s fastest betting engine and platform.
A bit about you…
We are hiring for Mid-Level and Senior Data Engineers. We are building world-class Big Data platform which will give us power to process streams of data and enable machine learning and advanced analytics capabilities. Everything cloud-based for scalability and speed to market.
You’ll handle large volumes of data and integrate our platform with a range of internal and external systems. If you’re anything like us you’ll be interested in new tech and how it can be applied to data management. Our internal customer base is growing all the time, and we’re establishing ourselves as a true enterprise team using the latest technologies to make sure all customers get the best possible service.
You’ll join an agile team working alongside business, testers, architects and project managers. Focusing mainly on the development of complex logic integrations; you’ll pay equal attention to the quality of documentation, code, and business logic and non-functional. NFRs are a priority, so aspects like maintainable code, supportability, restorability, monitoring and performance need to be integral to any delivery.
If you join us as a Senior, you will be a mentor to a team, and will need to bring some previous experience of this.
…And what you’ll do
- Highly experience in writing well designed, testable, efficient code which follows good coding standards
- You’re an expert in development and data quality
- You’re a strong developer, and you have expertise in SQL to handle large data sets and complex data transformations
- You have experience with Python
- It’s essential that you’ve got experience of the full SDLC in an equivalent environment.
- You have worked in small focused scrum teams delivering events driven integrations across multiple teams.
- You're experienced in working within an integration environment with testers to ensure end to end performance and resilience SLA’s can be achieved.
- Agile mindset and practice in software development process e.g. Scrum, Kanban, TDD, BDD
- Experience with Big data platforms: Apache Spark / Hadoop and Scala is a plus
- Experience with cloud solutions for Big Data (Snowflake, GCP BigQuery, AWS Redshift)
- Experience with data pipelines (e.g. Airflow) and streaming processing (Kafka, Kinesis, Spark Streaming, Flink) is a plus
- Experience with supporting Data Scientist (Machine Learning) is a plus
- You have experience mentoring other engineers
You will need to successfully complete a background and drug screen
Like what you see? Apply here and get in the game.