EASTPOINT is growing – a group of leading engineers and architects who are experts on the interaction between infrastructure, energy, and the environment. We think long-term, through the entire life-cycle of our projects, from planning to implementation and operation and maintenance, and we’ve built an award-winning team in Atlantic Canada. Operating from our Halifax, NS office, we are an employee owned firm offering a full range of services including civil, municipal, marine, structural, mechanical, and electrical engineering and architecture.
EASTPOINT is seeking an Intermediate Civil Engineer for our Halifax office. Reporting to the VP, Civil/Municipal Engineering, you will be an integral part of our engineering team, developing and implementing technical solutions in both the office and field. You will participate in all project phases, from proposal preparation, feasibility assessment and detailed design, through to tendering, construction and commissioning. Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills, highly organized, be detail orientated, a self-starter and be proficient in research, document review, organization, and time/budget management. The successful applicant must be able to work interchangeably in a team setting, and independently, and will be expected to liaise with professionals including technicians, engineers, sub-consultants, contractors and clients.
· Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering from an accredited university.
· 5-9 years’ applicable experience in the consulting sector.
· Registered Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) with Engineers Nova Scotia or able to obtain registration within six (6) months.
· Proficiency in Civil 3D including surface development, grading, alignments, profiles, 3D pipes, and corridor modelling.
· Experience in hydrology and stormwater management and the use of hydraulic modelling software is considered a very strong asset.
· Experience in the design and construction of civil infrastructure including earthworks, site layout, grading/drainage, municipal roads, sidewalks, parking lots, subdivisions, watermains, sanitary sewers, storm sewers and culverts.
· Experience in quantity estimates/cost estimating and preparation of specifications and construction documentation.
· Experience in the application of municipal design standards and codes.
· Experience in Project Management including budgets, schedules, safety and quality and managing teams and deliverables.
· Experience in the preparation of fee estimates and proposals is considered an asset.
· Superior writing skills in the development of technical reports is required.
· This role requires short term (1-5 days) travel assignments throughout Canada.
· Candidates must be able to obtain a minimum of Reliability status through CISD within six (6) months. CISD Reliability Status can usually be easily obtained provided the employee has lived in Canada for more than 10 years and does not have any criminal record. This is a requirement for a large majority of our work and thus for employment.
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Disability insurance
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- Flexible working hours
Reference ID: Intermediate Civil Engineer
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Civil Engineering: 4 years (Required)