Since 1873, Burnham Corporation, and now, Burnham LLC, doing business under the name “Burnham Commercial”, has produced steam and hot water boilers for commercial and industrial applications. Located at 1239 Harrisburg Pike, in Lancaster, PA, Burnham Commercial’s facilities have gone through numerous expansions and changes, since its original construction in 1921. Today, the facilities continue to produce high quality products for its customers. Burnham Commercial offers a full line of scotch, firebox, and cast iron boilers ranging from light commercial to industrial sizes in order to meet its customers’ needs and is a leading manufacturer and marketer of high-quality boilers and control systems for commercial and industrial applications.
Plans, designs, and coordinates integration of burners and controls into applications. Prepares reports and documentation and works closely with production in final assembly of boilers. Works closely with production, fire test, reps and R&D to troubleshoot controls issues.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Creates electrical schematics and documentation for boiler production.
Reviews burner and controls specifications, and places orders for burners. Ensures equipment is successfully integrated with boiler controls and peripheries.
Investigates and evaluates warranty claims.
Maintains installation and operation manuals for all products.
Fields technical support calls to troubleshoot and resolve issues with boilers.
Participates in meetings, seminars, and training sessions to stay apprised of developments in the field.
Routinely works with other departments to provide technical information.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Organizational support – Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values; benefits organization through outside activities; supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision making process; makes timely decisions.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity; works quickly.
- Safety & Security – Observes safety & security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; arrives at meetings & appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree in Electrical Technology, or three to five years related experience and/or training ; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge of boiler installation for steam and hydronic systems
Knowledge of electrical schematics (HVAC preferred)
Experience in remote troubleshooting
Experience with AutoCAD and Solidworks
Other Skills and Abilities
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and distance vision and ability to differentiate colors.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places, toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; risk of electrical shock and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- What is your Salary Requirement?
- Electrical Schematics: 3 years (Preferred)
- Troubleshooting: 3 years (Preferred)
- AutoCad: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location