Currently we are recruiting for a Senior Mine Engineer to join our Mining Department, reporting directly to the Mine Technical Services Manager. This position is located at the Ming Mine site.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Assist in updating, presentation & issuance of 3-month schedule.
- Detailed development & production designs for the upcoming 12 months.
- Including master level prints * Less detailed development & production designs for everything outside of a 12-month timeframe.
- Create and update development standards.
- Review stope designs, and revise as required, after level development is completed. These designs are to be forwarded to the Mine Technical Services Manager for inclusion in the master mine schedule, and to the intermediate mine engineers for drilling instructions.
- Mentor junior & intermediate mine engineers in development and production design.
- Stope reconciliation and databasing.
- Checklists for all longhole & development designs.
- Analyze explosives inventory and upcoming needs and make necessary arrangements to eliminate production delays attributable to lack of explosives.
- Work with geology to progress exploration drilling ahead of production schedule.
- Create, manage, and track all new design concepts & mining method comparisons.
- Schedule & lead regular design review meetings.
- Provide approved design updates for 3-Month, 3-Year, & Life of Mine schedules.
- Participate and lead in all required meetings.
- Assist with the creation and revision of engineering standards of practice.
- Participate in annual professional development.
- Coordinate the department’s short-term requirements in the Chief Mine Engineer’s absence.
- Other duties and tasks that may be assigned from time to time. This could include work related to continuous improvement initiatives.
- Ensuring that all work is carried out in a safe manner and contributing to the overall safety program at Rambler.
- Other general duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mine Engineering or greater;
- Ability to register as a Professional Engineer in Newfoundland;
- 5 to 15 years of Underground Mining experience. Preference will be given to longhole stoping experience;
- CAD based mine design software experience is a necessity; Deswik experience is preferred;
- Previous experience and a strong understanding of ground control, mine ventilation, mine infrastructure needs, mine services, longhole design and execution, development design, and scheduling is required;
- Strong communication skills, especially with operations personnel. Ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing;
- Leadership qualities to drive work that meets targets and deadlines;
- A self-starter who can work independently, but can still take instruction;
- Demonstrable focus on safe production.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Mining: 5 years (Preferred)