Provides computer support by troubleshooting and correcting problems with computer hardware or software applications. Hybrid position made up of technician and entry level computer positions (including but not limited to: Help Desk Support, Database & Network Technicians, Entry level Programmer & Software Engineers). May Install and upgrades computer hardware and software applications. Designs and maintains websites. Creates and maintains databases, network accounts and programs for specific department needs. Backs up department computer systems on scheduled intervals. Serves as a help desk resource for assigned areas.
1. Provides computer support by troubleshooting and correcting problems on workstations.
2. Installs and upgrades computer hardware and software applications.
3. Designs and maintains web sites.
4. Creates and maintains databases, network accounts and programs for specific department needs.
5. Backs up department computer systems on scheduled intervals.
6. Maintains inventory of hardware and ensures appropriate licensures.
7. Serves as a help desk resource for assigned areas.
8. Maintains user accounts and necessary login and password changes.
9. Runs departmental reports and unique programs.
10. May supervise, train and assign work to other staff members.
This position resolves computer-related problems including hardware, software, printing problems, system failures or resolving unique customer requests. The incumbent may need to create and maintain new computer programs specific to the department needs.
The incumbent must be able to prioritize requests and be able to handle concerns of impatient or dissatisfied customers.
Incumbent must understand license restrictions and confidentiality guidelines in reference to applications and information stored within the network. Incumbent must keep updated with the new computer technology and understand how these relate to ongoing problems.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Associate’s degree in a computer related field and two years of experience or equivalency recommended. Demonstrated computer skills, human relations and effective communication skills are required.
Experience with Audio/Visual Equipment Experience with Windows Server
Experience with Mac/Apple Support
Experience with Help Desk and Customer Service Experience with Networking Support
Type Benefited Staff Special Instructions Summary