Good pay! Good benefits! Good people! At Knife River, we take care of our team because we know it's our people who make us successful. We are one of the 10 largest construction materials producers/contractors in the country, and we're growing! We are adding people to our team every day - people who are committed to working safely and to delivering high-quality results for our customers.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Preventive Maintenance Technician in Wilsonville (Portland), Oregon!
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance inspections, services and annual Interstate inspections.
- Complete all paperwork that may be necessary on a variety of units, including construction equipment, paving equipment, trucks and trailers and mining equipment.
- Must have own PM technician hand tools, but Knife River does provide large tools and has a replacement policy.
- Assure all safety policies and procedures are followed to prevent any and all unsafe actions, processes and behaviors observed.
- Other duties assigned as needed.
- Previous PM technician experience on class 8 trucks, trailers and equipment.
- Preferably someone with a Diesel Technology degree or heavy equipment repair background.
- Must be a reliable and highly motivated self-starter, who can work without direct supervision.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid commercial driver’s license, medical card and clean driving record. Knife River will assist with training and expense.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check, physical/functional exam and drug screen.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude towards all team members.
How To Apply
To be considered for this position, candidates must complete and submit an employment application at jobs.mdu.com by the posting deadline noted above. If unable to complete an application online you may print and send completed application to any Knife River NW address or stop in one of our locations to complete an application. Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
$23.07 to $32.79 depending on skills and experience, plus competitive benefits. Wage includes $2.00 per hour shift differential.
Put Your Skills to Work with Us!
At Knife River, we are committed to helping our military transition to civilian life. We are constantly looking to add veterans to our workforce and want to make the transition as smooth as possible. There are many jobs within the military that are transferable to our Preventive Maintenance Technician position:
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic
Track Vehicle Repairer
Construction Equipment Repairer
Caterpillar Diesel Technician
Advanced Construction Mechanic
Engineer Equipment Mechanic