ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (Other duties may be assigned):
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for development of technical product instructions.
- Responsible for developing build specifications, applying, revising and maintaining quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished products.
- Ensure product design meets any and all safety regulations including manufacturing processes.
- Responsible for coordinating activities to maintain Control Plan, PFMEA and related APQP documents.
- Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement and analytical equipment.
- Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of confidence.
- Works closely with QA, assisting in developing proper inspection and test procedures, designs, and develops forms and instructions for recording reliability data.
- Works closely with QA in determining key characteristics, measurements and testing to ensure product reliability.
- Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Analyzes reports and returned products and recommends corrective action.
- Supports Process & Manufacturing Engineers and Quality Manager with customer interfaces as necessary on quality related issues.
- Initiates corrective action requests as needed and tracks to satisfactory completion.
- Assists with development and implementation of quality audits.
- Support of other departments in product or process specific training as requested
- Responsible for sourcing the materials necessary to build samples, able to create and test samples.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree in mechanical or design engineering; 5+ years of experience in automotive aftermarket; Experience in developing parts catalog; Significant project management and e-tailing experience; and broad knowledge of OEM automotive technologies and trends. Broad knowledge of Automotive Parts, components and systems. Knowledge of Supplier Base and Competitors. Experience with Supplier capabilities and requirements.
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); Minitab or related Statistical software)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to travel to other job sites via airplane, motor vehicle, and other means of transportation, as well as to overnight at different countries, states and cities.
The employee is also required to walk; sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Job Type: Full-time
- engineering: 5 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity