The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for the overall maintenance and operations of secure and highly available computing platforms, servers and networks. Engineer will plan, direct, install, maintain, upgrade, and continuously monitor and improve the operating environment. This includes identifying and responding to incidents and problems and planning for growth. The Infrastructure Engineer shall deploy the release of new technologies and well as design, install, configure, test and maintain servers, networks, operating systems and related utilities and hardware. The Infrastructure Engineer must possess good communication skills and be able to work collaboratively with both business and software development departments.
Roles and Responsibilities Include (other roles and responsibilities may be required):
- Maintain, monitor and support infrastructure environments and data center facilities
- Work with project teams to understand business requirements and making necessary adaptations
- Act as technical liaison between operations teams and developers to provide insight into
upcoming implementations and strategies including validation of ongoing solutions supportability
- Works across teams to ensure IT system upgrades, deployments and maintenance are conducted with minimal impact to the operation
- Participate in short- and long-term planning efforts with management
- Continuously monitor and evaluate data center security, providing ongoing recommendations and reporting any issues when appropriate
- Participate in design, implementation and execution of backup and disaster recovery
- Monitor production, outputs and services to ensure SLA’s and other metrics are met
Skills & Experience:
- Strong computing server and hardware management skills
- Strong experience in establishing and ongoing management of data center environment and facilities
- 5 years experience in general Data Center Management
- Conversant in Information Technology Infrastructure processes, procedures, and required roles
- Strong leadership skills
- Extensive knowledge of computing support roles desired, including security administration, service desk, and operating system support.
- Experience in managing data centers consisting of ISeries and Dell hardware.
- Experience in Managing Data Centers consisting of Windows, Linux and OS400.
- Experience in planning and assisting in the ongoing establishment and movement of facilities and Data Centers
- Bachelor's degree or higher
Job Type: Full-time
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)