MTR Technologies, Inc is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to be an integral part of our Brookings, SD operation. By manufacturing and creating world-class electro-mechanical solutions, we want MTR to become the pre-eminent employer in the upper Great Plains area, raise the standard of living for employees by sharing in the success, enhance the community by keeping the headquarters in Brookings, SD and partner with local colleges to make the company an innovation hub. If you are self-motivated, results-oriented driver with a desire to work for a South Dakota based company in a fast-paced environment, then this may be the perfect career opportunity for you!
Essential responsibilities of this challenging, “hands on” position include leading production improvement initiatives throughout the company, leading continuous improvement of operations practices, and providing strong engineering project management and leadership skills throughout all functions.
This position reports directly to the President/Owner. This successful candidate for this position will have a desire to grow into an operational and/or engineering leader of the company.
- This is a “hands on” position requiring substantial time on the production floor working with employees, inventory, and production equipment.
- Manage production machines for the company including trouble shooting, preventative maintenance, and improvements.
- Manage projects including design project requirements, scope, schedule and stay within budget.
- Design, create and enhance new product designs and existing products.
- Program welders, mills, lathes, and learn machine setups.
- Train new employees,
- Manage a plan for the efficient use of materials, equipment, and employees in the gate production area. Ensure materials are purchased in the most cost-effective manner.
- Support the sales function by assisting with proposals, sales calls, quote follow up, marketing, and demand creation activities. Conduct perspective customer site visits.
- Lead by example. Exhibit a high sense of urgency and motivate staff.
- Self-accountable to all documentation requirements.
- Establish and promote a clean work environment.
- Prefer bachelor’s degree in mechanical, manufacturing, or electrical engineering and/or related field.
- Prefer candidate with equipment repair and/or manufacturing experience.
- Individual must be committed to excellence in cleanliness, organization, follow up, and communication.
- Experience in CAD modeling, Solidworks, or equivalent software.
- Must have a strong desire to play a key role in building out the engineering function of a small manufacturer.
- Health Insurance – Generous company paid health insurance plan with employees paying as low as $39 per bi-weekly paycheck.
- Holiday – 60 hours of paid holidays during 2020.
- SIMPLE Retirement program matching up to 3%.
- Vacation – Personal Time Off program starting on hire date.
- Dental Insurance through Delta Dental.
- Voluntary Benefits including short-term disability, term life insurance, cancer and accident insurance.
- No nights / weekends. Production generally runs Monday – Thursday from 7:00 – 5:30 with some Fridays.
Please apply with cover letter and resume through this website or in person at the plant.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift