Looking to start a new role in Security? We have a great opportunity for you as a Sr. IAM Developer. In this role you will be a technical team member & provide technical leadership on the IAM Engineering Team tasked with designing, developing, implementing and maintaining our internal Identity Management security platforms. Your work will be responsible for the development of securely managing internal user, system and privileged access across the Vanguard ecosystem as part of the IAM modernization journey.
In this role you will:
Provide senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of IAM applications that will integrate systematically with databases, mainframe, server OS, AWS/Azure Cloud and SAAS endpoints.
Lead technical implementations across one or more workstreams for IAM Engineering
Work with Sr. Technical Lead & Architecture to contribute to solution design and impact analysis for upcoming Enterprise projects impacting IAM
Translate technical specifications, and/or logical and physical design into code for new or enhancement projects for internal IAM clients. Develop code and test artifacts that reuse subroutines or objects, is well structured, and backed by automated tests, includes sufficient comments and is easy to maintain. Write programs, appropriate test artifacts, ad hoc queries, and reports. Employ contemporary software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that supports automation.
Elevate code into the development, test, and Production environments on schedule. Provide follow up Production support. Submit change control requests and documents.
Follow software development methodology. Follow architecture standards.
Contribute in design, code, and test Inspections throughout life cycle to identify issues. Participate in other meetings, such as those for use case creation.
Contribute in systems analysis activities, including system requirements analysis and definition (e.g., prototyping), and logical and physical design.
Write the system/technical portion of assigned deliverables, including the Version Description Document. Assist technical team members with the system/technical portion of their deliverables (e.g., systems testers, test plans). On small teams, the developer may write these items.
Understand client business functions and technology needs. Understand Vanguard's tools, technologies, and applications/databases, including those that interface with business area and systems.
Comply with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established milestones. Comply with all Information Security policies and procedures, and verify deliverables to meet Information Security requirements.
Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
1. Provides senior level system analysis, design, development, and implementation of applications and databases. Integrates third party products.
2. Translates technical specifications into code for complex new or enhancement projects for internal clients. Writes programs, develops code, tests artifacts, and produces reports. Employs software development techniques to ensure tests are implemented in a way that support automation.
3. Elevates code into the development, test, and production environments on schedule. Provides follow up production support. Submits change control requests and documents.
4. Thoroughly understands software development methodology. Thoroughly understands development architecture standards. Trains and mentors staff with less experience. Resolves elevated issues.
5. Participates in design, code, and test inspections throughout the life cycle to identify issues. Explains technical considerations at related meetings, including those with internal clients. Performs systems analysis activities.
6. Thoroughly understands client business functions and technology needs. Has a broad understanding of Vanguard?s technologies, tools, and applications, including those that interface with business area and systems.
7. Interfaces with cross functional team members, and communicates systems issues at the appropriate technical level for each audience.
8. Thoroughly understands and complies with Information Technology and Information Security policies and procedures, and verifies that deliverables meet requirements.
9. Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum of five years related work experience, with at least one year of development experience.
Undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
Weekday coverage: Regularly scheduled 5-day week, Mon. - Fri., normal business hours.
On call and remote support off hours
Travel: For Charlotte, NC-based staff, limited travel to Valley Forge, PA is required for new employee orientation, project kickoff meetings, other meetings, and training.
Vanguard is not offering sponsorship for this position.
We are Vanguard. Together, we’re changing the way the world invests.
For us, investing doesn’t just end in value. It starts with values. Because when you invest with courage, when you invest with clarity, and when you invest with care, you can get so much more in return. We invest with purpose – and that’s how we’ve become a global market leader. Here, we grow by doing the right thing for the people we serve. And so can you.
We want to make success accessible to everyone. This is our opportunity. Let’s make it count.
Vanguard’s continued commitment to diversity and inclusion is firmly rooted in our culture. Every decision we make to best serve our clients, crew (internally employees are referred to as crew), and communities is guided by one simple statement: “Do the right thing.”
We believe that a critical aspect of doing the right thing requires building diverse, inclusive, and highly effective teams of individuals who are as unique as the clients they serve. We empower our crew to contribute their distinct strengths to achieving Vanguard’s core purpose through our values.
When all crew members feel valued and included, our ability to collaborate and innovate is amplified, and we are united in delivering on Vanguard's core purpose.
Our core purpose: To take a stand for all investors, to treat them fairly, and to give them the best chance for investment success.