The roll of Clinical Engineering Supervisor within Intermountain Healthcare is to have clinical equipment ready and functioning per manufactures specifications when needed by the clinical staff. With the responsibility to recommend, install and interface medical equipment, the Clinical Engineer Supervisor becomes an integral part in the facility. A Clinical Engineer Supervisor is also responsible to see that regulatory requirements are in compliance, that equipment repair and preventive maintenance records are accessible for those regulatory agencies and for internal use. The data collected by Clinical Engineering Supervisors is also used to determine when it makes sense to schedule the replacement of capital equipment or to determine if additional equipment assets are needed.
Wage: $34.30 + depending on experience
Benefits Eligible: Yes, check them out here
Shift Details: Full Time- 40 hours/ week
Department: Clinical Engineer- Supply Chain
Clinical Engineering Supervisor is responsible for the activities of the Clinical Engineering department and overall departmental operation which include supervisory responsibilities.
1. Accountable to oversee operational aspects of the Clinical Engineering Department which includes supervising equipment technicians and/or other support personnel. Assists Director of Clinical Engineering in developing Clinical Engineering programs and processes.
2. Maintains a complete and comprehensive knowledge of Policies and Procedures relative to the Clinical Engineering and applicable regulatory agencies, Equipment Resources Management (ERM) and Intermountain Healthcare.
3. Accountable to perform preventive maintenance and corrective repairs on all assigned equipment, including detailed documentation. Has ultimate responsibility to maintain proper levels of parts and supplies.
4. Accountable to oversee training of other Clinical Engineering personnel
5. Performs inspections and installations on assigned incoming equipment according to Clinical Engineering guidelines, including proper documentation of work using EMMA database.
6.Demonstrates ability to properly prioritize workloads and manage time effectively.
Associate of Applied Science Degree in Electronics Technology obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
Five years experience as a Bio-Medical Electronic Technician (BMET).
Carrying, Climbing, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
Supply Chain Center
Scheduled Weekly Hours: